    Greets,

    TIA

    Jan
    J. Elzinga, Apr 19, 2004

  2. J. Elzinga

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel J. Elzinga
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > My boss is looking for a application to use by the call/helpdesk.

    Any particular type ?

    Telephone routing software ?
    Instant abusive call cut-off ?
    Screensavers that hide your gaming ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 19, 2004

  3. J. Elzinga

    Millimeter Guest

    On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:18:58 GMT, "J. Elzinga"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >My boss is looking for a application to use by the call/helpdesk.
    >He want it as free as possible. MMy collegae and I heve searched the web,
    >but we starnded at 5 or 6 applications, and all found too expensive at the
    >moment.
    >My boss thinks that if there is so much for everything, even freeware stuff,
    >so there must be an application for his call/helpdesk what is possibly free
    >or less expensive then ? 250 for a network of about 120 systems.
    >
    >My question: is there such application for that price? And if so, what is it
    >called?
    > If not, could someone give a big answer for my boss??
    >
    >Greets,
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Jan

    At my last gig we started with a Lotus Notes database for call
    tracking and task assignment.

    just a thought,
    Millimeter
    Millimeter, Apr 19, 2004
  4. J. Elzinga

    TT Guest

    Millimeter wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:18:58 GMT, "J. Elzinga"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>My boss is looking for a application to use by the call/helpdesk.
    >>He want it as free as possible. MMy collegae and I heve searched the web,
    >>but we starnded at 5 or 6 applications, and all found too expensive at the
    >>moment.
    >>My boss thinks that if there is so much for everything, even freeware stuff,
    >>so there must be an application for his call/helpdesk what is possibly free
    >>or less expensive then ? 250 for a network of about 120 systems.
    >>
    >>My question: is there such application for that price? And if so, what is it
    >>called?
    >>If not, could someone give a big answer for my boss??
    >>
    >>Greets,
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>
    >>Jan
    >>

    > At my last gig we started with a Lotus Notes database for call
    > tracking and task assignment.
    >
    > just a thought,
    > Millimeter

    Well, I've onlu used Remedy and I'm sure that's one of the expensive
    ones...
    Have you looked at Open source/Linux?
    TT, Apr 20, 2004