    simply for me?
    Thanks

    , Jul 10, 2006

  2. Graham. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all, im trying to find a way to forward my incoming skype calls to a
    > number via my modem...anyone know of any software that can do this
    > simply for me?
    > Thanks

    Not really sure what you are trying to achieve.
    What kind of modem? and what is it connected to?
    Are you trying to divert data/fax traffic to a pstn line?

    Whatever it is, I suspect the answer will entail ditching Skype and
    replacing it with a proper VoIP. ;-)

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 10, 2006

  3. Guest

    I've got a modem in my computer connected to the local pstn line. Id
    like to, when a skype call comes in, be able to dial my cell
    phone/voicemailbox via my modem and forawrd my call (without using
    skypeout)

    Make any sense?

    Graham. wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all, im trying to find a way to forward my incoming skype calls to a
    > > number via my modem...anyone know of any software that can do this
    > > simply for me?
    > > Thanks

    > Not really sure what you are trying to achieve.
    > What kind of modem? and what is it connected to?
    > Are you trying to divert data/fax traffic to a pstn line?
    >
    > Whatever it is, I suspect the answer will entail ditching Skype and
    > replacing it with a proper VoIP. ;-)
    >
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%
    , Jul 11, 2006
  4. Jono Guest

    brought next idea :
    > I've got a modem in my computer connected to the local pstn line. Id
    > like to, when a skype call comes in, be able to dial my cell
    > phone/voicemailbox via my modem and forawrd my call (without using
    > skypeout)
    >
    > Make any sense?

    > Graham. wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all, im trying to find a way to forward my incoming skype calls to a
    >>> number via my modem...anyone know of any software that can do this
    >>> simply for me?
    >>> Thanks

    >> Not really sure what you are trying to achieve.
    >> What kind of modem? and what is it connected to?
    >> Are you trying to divert data/fax traffic to a pstn line?
    >>
    >> Whatever it is, I suspect the answer will entail ditching Skype and
    >> replacing it with a proper VoIP. ;-)
    >>
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%

    Does it have to be Skype for the inbound call? Does your idea have to
    use your existing modem?

    If not, you could use something like a Linksys/Sipura SPA3000 to do
    what you wish, no computer required, except to initially configure the
    device.
    Jono, Jul 11, 2006
  5. Guest

    yep and yep..trying to use what ive got to accomplish this.

    Any ideas?

    Jono wrote:
    > brought next idea :
    > > I've got a modem in my computer connected to the local pstn line. Id
    > > like to, when a skype call comes in, be able to dial my cell
    > > phone/voicemailbox via my modem and forawrd my call (without using
    > > skypeout)
    > >
    > > Make any sense?

    > > Graham. wrote:
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> Not really sure what you are trying to achieve.
    > >> What kind of modem? and what is it connected to?
    > >> Are you trying to divert data/fax traffic to a pstn line?
    > >>
    > >> Whatever it is, I suspect the answer will entail ditching Skype and
    > >> replacing it with a proper VoIP. ;-)
    > >>
    > >> Graham.
    > >>
    > >> %Profound_observation%

    > Does it have to be Skype for the inbound call? Does your idea have to
    > use your existing modem?
    >
    > If not, you could use something like a Linksys/Sipura SPA3000 to do
    > what you wish, no computer required, except to initially configure the
    > device.
    , Jul 12, 2006
  6. Sean Guest

    Skpye is stupid, and incomparable with most things (in my opinion) don't
    think you can do what you want
    Sean, Jul 12, 2006
  7. Guest

    On 11 Jul 2006 23:34:10 -0700, wrote:

    >yep and yep..trying to use what ive got to accomplish this.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Best bet is to dump Skype and use proper VOIP, which would make what
    you want to do dead easy. You could use the same hardware, probably.
    , Jul 12, 2006
  8. Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:58:15 +0100, wrote:

    >On 11 Jul 2006 23:34:10 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>yep and yep..trying to use what ive got to accomplish this.
    >>
    >>Any ideas?

    >Best bet is to dump Skype and use proper VOIP, which would make what
    >you want to do dead easy. You could use the same hardware, probably.

    How about a separate newsgroup uk.telecom.skype :)
    Then we sip voip snobs can get some peace.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jul 12, 2006
  9. Graham. Guest

    > How about a separate newsgroup uk.telecom.skype :)
    > Then we sip voip snobs can get some peace.
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Lets announce a CFV for
    uk.telecom.skype-tesco-vonage

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 13, 2006
  10. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message
    > > How about a separate newsgroup uk.telecom.skype :)
    > > Then we sip voip snobs can get some peace.
    > > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    > Lets announce a CFV for
    > uk.telecom.skype-tesco-vonage

    How about uk.telecom.dexter - if we can make him stay there, that is <g>

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 13, 2006
  11. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "Graham." <> wrote in message
    >>> How about a separate newsgroup uk.telecom.skype :)
    >>> Then we sip voip snobs can get some peace.
    >>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >> Lets announce a CFV for
    >> uk.telecom.skype-tesco-vonage

    > How about uk.telecom.dexter - if we can make him stay there, that is
    > <g>

    or uk.telecom.small.appendage
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 13, 2006
  12. alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi all, im trying to find a way to forward my incoming skype calls to a
    > number via my modem...anyone know of any software that can do this
    > simply for me?

    You could try and use a Skype-to-SIP gateway on your PC, and place the
    outbound leg of the call with a SIP provider. It could potentially be
    cheaper than using your landline to make the call.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:08:40 up 1 day, 11:48, 2 users, load average: 0.81, 0.44, 0.27
    alexd, Jul 13, 2006
  13. Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:09:28 GMT, alexd <> wrote:

    >You could try and use a Skype-to-SIP gateway on your PC, and place the
    >outbound leg of the call with a SIP provider. It could potentially be
    >cheaper than using your landline to make the call.

    That's a good idea. I have a skype-sip adapter module in my test Axon
    setup and it seems to work.

    But I can't see much point. Why mess with Skype if you want to be able
    to do call forwarding?

    And if it is on a modem line, there isn't the bandwidth to carry the
    skype in and sip out. You'd only manage skype or a low bitrate VOIP
    codec, not both.
    , Jul 13, 2006
  14. alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:09:28 GMT, alexd <> wrote:
    >
    >>You could try and use a Skype-to-SIP gateway on your PC, and place the
    >>outbound leg of the call with a SIP provider. It could potentially be
    >>cheaper than using your landline to make the call.

    > That's a good idea. I have a skype-sip adapter module in my test Axon
    > setup and it seems to work.
    >
    > But I can't see much point. Why mess with Skype if you want to be able
    > to do call forwarding?

    Nope, me either, but my followup was closer to what he wants than 'no you
    can't' ;-)

    > And if it is on a modem line, there isn't the bandwidth to carry the
    > skype in and sip out. You'd only manage skype or a low bitrate VOIP
    > codec, not both.

    The OP didn't mention if it was an analogue or DSL modem he's using. Given
    that he's posting from ADSL-TPLUS-106-8.telecomplus.net, I'd err on the
    side of the latter.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:57:13 up 1 day, 12:36, 2 users, load average: 0.04, 0.12, 0.19
    alexd, Jul 13, 2006
  15. alkis

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    you can use Rylwy adapter that will divert your landline and cell phone into skype voip, than use your lines with another skype/ voip connection

    daniel
    alkis, Jan 7, 2010