    office, and be able to take the divert/forward off from there.

    TIA,
    Philip Partridge

    Phil Partridge, Dec 14, 2005

  2. Phil Partridge

    ale.cx Guest

    One idea might be to create a call queue in Asterisk just for Phil's
    use, where calls to Phil's DDI go. That way, you can log in to the
    queue from wherever location you have a SIP phone and take calls on
    your DDI. And set it up so that when you're not logged in to your
    queue, calls get diverted to your mobile. That way the Asterisk server
    will know instantly that you're not available as soon as you log out of
    your personal queue, and won't try to make a connection to a phone that
    isn't there.

    As for how the divert actually works; Something tells me mobile telcos
    aren't quite progressive enough yet to offer you an IAX interface to
    your mobile, so you'd have to route the divert to your mobile over the
    PSTN, the same way you'd place calls to any other PSTN number. It would
    make most sense to set the divert up on the Asterisk server rather than
    on a SIP phone.

    alexd

    ale.cx, Dec 15, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    ale.cx <> writes
    >One idea might be to create a call queue in Asterisk just for Phil's
    >use, where calls to Phil's DDI go. That way, you can log in to the
    >queue from wherever location you have a SIP phone and take calls on
    >your DDI. And set it up so that when you're not logged in to your
    >queue, calls get diverted to your mobile. That way the Asterisk server
    >will know instantly that you're not available as soon as you log out of
    >your personal queue, and won't try to make a connection to a phone that
    >isn't there.
    >
    >As for how the divert actually works; Something tells me mobile telcos
    >aren't quite progressive enough yet to offer you an IAX interface to
    >your mobile, so you'd have to route the divert to your mobile over the
    >PSTN, the same way you'd place calls to any other PSTN number. It would
    >make most sense to set the divert up on the Asterisk server rather than
    >on a SIP phone.
    >
    >alexd

    It might be an idea.. but I do not think the Service Provider is going
    to do that just for me!

    The question is, as I understand the techknowledgey, if you set call
    forward on the phone..
    A call comes in to the phone, phone uses second channel to route the
    call back 'out' to where-ever it is forwarded to.
    What I want to know is, is this *really* how the call is routed, or are
    the instructions to do the call forward passed back to the Server?
    If the latter, then the incoming call comes into the Server, the forward
    happens 'in' the Server which routes the call 'out' of the Server to
    where-ever.
    This should then continue to work until 'something or someone' tells the
    Server to stop forwarding the calls.

    If the former applies, then I need to look at some other way of
    achieving the same result.

    Either by having two phones in a group on one number, or some sort of
    'divert on no reply' setup.

    Supplemental Q.
    Can two SIP phones have the same username/password, so that both ring at
    once?

    Anyone any ideas?

    TIA,
    Philip Partridge