    A" -> "Sipgate no. B"? I know they've closed their network to other
    providers recently.

    Thx.

    Turandot, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Turandot

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-08-09, Turandot <> wrote:

    > I want to forward/divert my BT line to my sipgate number so if I stay at
    > friend's I can still answer my home phone. My questions are:

    You may want to consider diverting via a SIP provider to your friend's
    phone instead of to the Sipgate number. Then you will have no need of a
    SIP phone at your friend's.

    > 1. Do I need an ATA with FXO port like the Grandstream 488 or SPA3000?

    Yes.

    > 2. Do I need 2 sipgate numbers, "Sipgate no. A" at the home ATA that
    > takes the call from BT and forward to "Sipgate no. B" at the friend's
    > house?

    No.

    > Or the ATA can forward the BT call to "Sipgate no. B" without
    > involving "Sipgate no. A".

    Just forward the call to your SIP-ID on a line registered with Sipgate.

    > 3. Does sipgate allow call forward between their own network, "Sipgate
    > no. A" -> "Sipgate no. B"? I know they've closed their network to
    > other providers recently.

    There is nothing on their website indicating any call forwarding is
    possible. Except to voicemail. But I am not clear on what you want here.

    May I correct your final comment. Sipgate's network is closed not only
    to providers of a commercial service but to everyone who is not a
    customer.

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 9, 2006

  3. ..

    > May I correct your final comment. Sipgate's network is closed not only
    > to providers of a commercial service but to everyone who is not a
    > customer.

    So how do you phone inbound?

    R. Mark Clayton, Aug 9, 2006
  4. Turandot

    Jono Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-08-09, Turandot <> wrote:
    >
    >> I want to forward/divert my BT line to my sipgate number so if I stay at
    >> friend's I can still answer my home phone. My questions are:

    > You may want to consider diverting via a SIP provider to your friend's
    > phone instead of to the Sipgate number. Then you will have no need of a
    > SIP phone at your friend's.
    >
    >> 1. Do I need an ATA with FXO port like the Grandstream 488 or SPA3000?

    > Yes.
    >
    >> 2. Do I need 2 sipgate numbers, "Sipgate no. A" at the home ATA that
    >> takes the call from BT and forward to "Sipgate no. B" at the friend's
    >> house?

    > No.

    Although it would work well for the OP with 2 Sipgate IDs - the originating
    CLI will be displayed at his friend's, assuming he has caller display active
    on his PSTN

    >> Or the ATA can forward the BT call to "Sipgate no. B" without
    >> involving "Sipgate no. A".

    > Just forward the call to your SIP-ID on a line registered with Sipgate.
    >
    >> 3. Does sipgate allow call forward between their own network, "Sipgate
    >> no. A" -> "Sipgate no. B"? I know they've closed their network to
    >> other providers recently.

    On the SPA3000 interface, you can "divert all calls" If Line 1 is set up for
    Sipgate, entering the friend's Sipgate ID would alow all VoIP & PSTN calls
    coming in to the SPA3000 to be forwarded to the friend's. FOC.

    Jono, Aug 9, 2006
  5. Turandot

    Jono Guest

    "R. Mark Clayton" <> wrote in message

    > .
    >>
    >> May I correct your final comment. Sipgate's network is closed not only
    >> to providers of a commercial service but to everyone who is not a
    >> customer.

    > So how do you phone inbound?
    >>
    >> Brian.

    Either using the PSTN number, or, from another Sipgate account, using the
    Sipgate ID.

    Jono, Aug 9, 2006
  6. Turandot

    Turandot Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > "R. Mark Clayton" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > .
    > >>
    > >> May I correct your final comment. Sipgate's network is closed not only
    > >> to providers of a commercial service but to everyone who is not a
    > >> customer.

    > > So how do you phone inbound?
    > >>
    > >> Brian.

    > Either using the PSTN number, or, from another Sipgate account, using the
    > Sipgate ID.

    I am clear now, thanks for all the help.

    Turandot, Aug 9, 2006
  7. Turandot

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-08-09, R. Mark Clayton <> wrote:

    > .
    >>
    >> May I correct your final comment. Sipgate's network is closed not only
    >> to providers of a commercial service but to everyone who is not a
    >> customer.

    > So how do you phone inbound?

    I should have been more precise and made it clear the recent changes
    implemented by Sipgate relate to unauthenticted, incoming SIP calls. The
    OP appeared to be aware of this so I was a little slack in expressing
    myself.

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 9, 2006