Call for Entries! EERIE HORROR FILM FESTIVAL!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Baron Von Kropp, Dec 29, 2005.

  1. The 2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival has officially opened it's call for
    entries and is seeking independently produced feature length and short
    horror/sci-fi films and screenplays from around the world!

    The 2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival will be held October 4-8, in Erie,
    Pennsylvania at the Playhouse Theater and will feature special
    celebrity guests, visiting filmmakers, and thousands of attendees!
    Awards will be presented to the best films and screenplays!

    We are pleased to present our first ever Student Film Competition for
    ages 5 - 17 as well as more stream-lined and easy to understand
    submission categories!

    Submission categories for the 2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival are
    Horror Feature; Horror Short; Experimental Horror Feature; Experimental
    Horror Short; Psychological Horror Feature; Psychological Horror Short;
    Sci-Fi Feature; Sci-Fi Short; Animated Horror Feature; Animated Horror
    Short; Horror Comedy Feature; Horror Comedy Short; Student Horror
    Feature; Student Horror Short; Foreign Horror Feature; Foreign Horror
    Short; Short Screenplay; Feature Length Screenplay. We will also accept
    horror related documentaries.

    To submit your film or screenplay into our competition this year, just
    go to our website: http://www.eeriehorrorfest.com and follow the
    directions you'll find there.

    Overlooked, underrated, and misunderstood, independent horror movies
    have been ignored and shunned by the mainstream film industry since it
    began more than a century ago. Through the decades, these films have
    entertained and thrilled audiences around the world and continue to
    grow in popularity to this very day. There is an incredible amount of
    talent in this field that goes unnoticed an unappreciated, and we are
    proud to announce that the Eerie Horror Film Festival hopes to reverse
    that trend. This event was established in order to give filmmakers and
    writers in the horror /sci-fi genres a venue to have their work
    showcased to people in the industry.

    Since 2004 the Eerie Horror Film Festival has screened nearly 100 indie
    films and has featured such guests as Lloyd Kaufman (Troma), Gunnar
    Hansen (Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Mark Borchardt (American Movie), John
    Hancock (Academy Award nominated director), Sean David Morton (Joe
    Killionaire/talk show legend), Ben Meade (Bazaar Bizarre), Michael
    Stanley (Attack of the Beast Creatures), Debbie Rochon (actress), Pam
    Sutch (actress), Greg Lamberson (Slime City), Jamian Snow (author),
    Dorothy Tristan (screenwriter), Len Kabasinski (Swamp Zombies), Travis
    Bowen (actor/director) and many. many more! In 2004 with the generosity
    of Lion's Gate Films we were able to show the North Coast premiere of
    the movie "SAW", two weeks before it hit the theaters! Several of our
    selected films have gone on to get distribution deals after our Fest
    including "The Last Horror Film" which was picked up and released by
    Fangoria a few weeks after it won Best of The Fest at our event!

    The 2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival will be even bigger and better,
    with more special guest and surprises! We hope that you will be a part
    of this year's festivities!

    Erie is only a short drive from the cities of Cleveland, OH, Buffalo,
    NY, and Pittsburgh, PA. For those of you looking for other activities
    throughout the weekend.

    For additional information about the Festival:

    Eerie Horror Film Festival
    PO Box 98
    Edinboro, Pa. 16412
    814-873-7074