Call Centres

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ray, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. Ray

    Ray Guest

    Anyone know of a decent UK ISP that has a helpline based in the UK. I
    recently had problems with Bt. After about 6 attempts I had to access help
    via their UK based sales dept.

    Their Helpdesk:) based in Bangladesh was and still is absolutely useless.
    They stated to correct the fault (which was theirs) I must change my mothers
    maiden name - I told them to ---- off and was reported for abuse. Big deal
    bt, you may get somebody to work for a bowl of rice and a kick up the arse -
    but for a change bt think of your customers - not only your profits.

    Today, I decided to change my office ISP from bt to Tiscali. Loaded the
    disc - no autorun, manually started it, would not load files. On the blower
    to Tiscali helpdesk - Oh hell - India, lousy line lost, tried again -
    conversation lost halfway through - not that it was getting anywhere.
    Managed to access UK sales, after many calls, they are sending me a new
    starter CD. Will it work? ROTFLMAO.

    We pay far too much for our ISPs in the UK. In the US 'EarthLink' have a
    3Meg boadband service on special offer at around £16 per month! They also
    do not have an abuse policy on 'Usenet', they have one - but it's NEVER
    enforced.

    Seriously, Far Eastern call centres should be abolished - more so with
    banking services.

    Anyone agree?
    Ray, Apr 2, 2005

  2. Ray

    Old Gringo Guest

    Ray wrote:
    > Anyone know of a decent UK ISP that has a helpline based in the UK. I
    > recently had problems with Bt. After about 6 attempts I had to access help
    > via their UK based sales dept.
    >
    > Their Helpdesk:) based in Bangladesh was and still is absolutely useless.
    > They stated to correct the fault (which was theirs) I must change my mothers
    > maiden name - I told them to ---- off and was reported for abuse. Big deal
    > bt, you may get somebody to work for a bowl of rice and a kick up the arse -
    > but for a change bt think of your customers - not only your profits.
    >

    > Today, I decided to change my office ISP from bt to Tiscali. Loaded the
    > disc - no autorun, manually started it, would not load files. On the blower
    > to Tiscali helpdesk - Oh hell - India, lousy line lost, tried again -
    > conversation lost halfway through - not that it was getting anywhere.
    > Managed to access UK sales, after many calls, they are sending me a new
    > starter CD. Will it work? ROTFLMAO.
    >
    > We pay far too much for our ISPs in the UK. In the US 'EarthLink' have a
    > 3Meg boadband service on special offer at around £16 per month! Theyalso
    > do not have an abuse policy on 'Usenet', they have one - but it's NEVER
    > enforced.
    >
    > Seriously, Far Eastern call centres should be abolished - more so with
    > banking services.
    >
    > Anyone agree?

    If your business is of the type that would be as successful in the
    USA as it is in United Kingdom, Come on over. We would love to have
    you. I think our technical support is in New Delhi however.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Apr 2, 2005

  3. Ray

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    Ray wrote:

    <snipped>

    > > Seriously, Far Eastern call centres should be abolished - more so with
    > > banking services.
    > >
    > > Anyone agree?

    > If your business is of the type that would be as successful in the USA as
    > it is in United Kingdom, Come on over. We would love to have you. I
    > think our technical support is in New Delhi however.

    That's what I got when I called Intuit with a problem with Quickbooks. I
    kept telling them I had a NETWARE network, they kept insisting it was a
    MICROSOFT problem. Duh! Half the time I couldn't understand them, the other
    half the time, they were just WRONG. I gave up and fixed the problem myself
    ;o)
    Toolman Tim, Apr 2, 2005
  4. Ray

    Old Gringo Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Ray wrote:
    >
    > <snipped>
    >
    >>>Seriously, Far Eastern call centres should be abolished - more so with
    >>>banking services.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone agree?

    >>If your business is of the type that would be as successful in the USA as
    >>it is in United Kingdom, Come on over. We would love to have you. I
    >>think our technical support is in New Delhi however.

    > That's what I got when I called Intuit with a problem with Quickbooks. I
    > kept telling them I had a NETWARE network, they kept insisting it was a
    > MICROSOFT problem. Duh! Half the time I couldn't understand them, the other
    > half the time, they were just WRONG. I gave up and fixed the problem myself
    > ;o)

    I placed one call to get my modem replaced at start up and decided
    then I would never call again. When minor problems pop up I just
    give it a day and usually the TelCo. gets it fixed. on a scale from
    1 to 10 I would give SBC Yahoo a 7.5 I really do get a good bang for
    the buck out of them. :)

    Old Gringo, Apr 2, 2005

    http://www.crapville.com/cartoons/techsupport.asp
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 2, 2005
  6. Ray

    Ray Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Ray wrote:
    >> Anyone know of a decent UK ISP that has a helpline based in the UK. I
    >> recently had problems with Bt. After about 6 attempts I had to access
    >> help via their UK based sales dept.
    >>
    >> Their Helpdesk:) based in Bangladesh was and still is absolutely
    >> useless.

    > http://www.crapville.com/cartoons/techsupport.asp

    Absolotely great!
    Thanks Roger.

    Ray, Apr 2, 2005
  7. Rôgêr <> chiseled in stone, the following words

    > Ray wrote:
    >> Anyone know of a decent UK ISP that has a helpline based in the UK. I
    >> recently had problems with Bt. After about 6 attempts I had to access
    >> help via their UK based sales dept.
    >>
    >> Their Helpdesk:) based in Bangladesh was and still is absolutely
    >> useless.

    > http://www.crapville.com/cartoons/techsupport.asp

    Dammit!! You owe me a monitor and keyboard......;oDD

    @}-}-------Rosee, Apr 2, 2005
  8. Ray

    Ed Guest

    That what outsourcing has done.

    Ed, Apr 3, 2005
  9. Ray

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Ed" <ed@not_a_valid_email_address.com> wrote in message

    > That what outsourcing has done.

    i used to agree that outsourcing was un-american...

    but demand for lower consumer prices and services has driven corporations to
    outsource.
    outsourcing is part of capitalism. if you don't like it, go live in a
    communist country.

    and no, i am not from india... i was a laid off IT tech from Bell Labs...

    if outsourcing was not available, consumer prices and services will
    increase.
    look how much cell phones/services has dropped.
    long distance calls are much cheaper...

    goods and products have become cheaper as well (wal-mart made in china
    domination)

    a corporation that doesn't do global economics will fail.
    that's why our government is so involved with policing the world. money is
    the root of all politics.

    in theory, communism is better than capitalism.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Apr 3, 2005
  10. Ray

    Booger Red Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Ray wrote:
    > > Anyone know of a decent UK ISP that has a helpline based in the UK. I
    > > recently had problems with Bt. After about 6 attempts I had to access

    help
    > > via their UK based sales dept.
    > >
    > > Their Helpdesk:) based in Bangladesh was and still is absolutely

    useless.

    > http://www.crapville.com/cartoons/techsupport.asp

    You'd have to be a retard to wait that long for a page to load.

    Booger Red

    Booger Red, Apr 3, 2005
  11. Ray

    Abdalla Guest

    "Booger Red" <> wrote in message

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> Ray wrote:
    >> > Anyone know of a decent UK ISP that has a helpline based in the UK. I
    >> > recently had problems with Bt. After about 6 attempts I had to access

    > help
    >> > via their UK based sales dept.
    >> >
    >> > Their Helpdesk:) based in Bangladesh was and still is absolutely

    > useless.
    >>
    >> http://www.crapville.com/cartoons/techsupport.asp

    > You'd have to be a retard to wait that long for a page to load.
    >
    > Booger Red

    It only took ten seconds to load. When Allah created time, he made plenty of
    it so I can't see how waiting ten seconds would rate anyone as retarded.
    Perhaps you have a problem with your computer, in which case may I suggest
    you ring my cousin Ahmed on his helpdesk in Mumbai ?

    Abdallah
    Abdalla, Apr 3, 2005
  12. Ray

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Abdalla" <> wrote in message

    > "Booger Red" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    >> help

    >> useless.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.crapville.com/cartoons/techsupport.asp

    >> You'd have to be a retard to wait that long for a page to load.
    >>
    >> Booger Red

    > It only took ten seconds to load. When Allah created time, he made plenty
    > of it so I can't see how waiting ten seconds would rate anyone as
    > retarded. Perhaps you have a problem with your computer, in which case may
    > I suggest you ring my cousin Ahmed on his helpdesk in Mumbai ?
    >
    > Abdallah

    Heh heh heh...<g>
    Toolman Tim, Apr 3, 2005