    Does the group know of a source for either calendar kits or photo paper
    without a watermark on the back?

    Rich
    Rich Cullen, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Rich Cullen

    LauraK Guest

    >Does the group know of a source for either calendar kits or photo paper
    >without a watermark on the back?

    Any of the heavyweight matte two-sided papers from Red River should suit your
    purpose.
    http://www.redrivercatalog.com/browse/matte.htm
    They also have two-sided gloss.

    Also check the calendars available from companies like dotphoto.com
    May be cheaper in the long run.

    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    web design, print design, photography
    LauraK, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Rich Cullen

    Rich Cullen Guest

    "LauraK" <> wrote in message
    > >Does the group know of a source for either calendar kits or photo paper
    > >without a watermark on the back?

    > Any of the heavyweight matte two-sided papers from Red River should suit

    your
    > purpose.
    > http://www.redrivercatalog.com/browse/matte.htm
    > They also have two-sided gloss.
    >
    > Also check the calendars available from companies like dotphoto.com
    > May be cheaper in the long run.
    >

    > http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    > web design, print design, photography

    Thanks, Laura

    That Redriver looks perfect.

    Rich
    Rich Cullen, Dec 23, 2003
  4. "Rich Cullen" <> writes:

    > We have been making calendars for family and friends for several years using
    > "Invent It" photo calendar kits. The kits come with software, 15 sheets of
    > pre-punched photo paper, a cover and a comb binding.
    >
    > The problem is, the kits are getting impossible to find; it seems that they
    > have been dis-continued. There is some old stock available on eBay and
    > Amazon, but they don't seem to be produced anymore.
    >
    > Is there a replacement? We could make our own kits if we could find photo
    > paper without a watermark on the back. The Invent It sheets are glossy on
    > one side and matt on the other, but the matt side does not have a watermark,
    > so it works fine for calendars. We could punch the paper with a comb
    > binding punch and bind it with a standard comb binding.
    >
    > Does the group know of a source for either calendar kits or photo paper
    > without a watermark on the back?

    I've been making calendars this year. I buy HP brochure and flyer paper,
    glossy, 44 pound, USA letter sized, 160 g/m^2 to print up the calendars. Since
    I've done a few, I buy the value pack at 150 sheets for ~ $30 at Staples. The
    product number is Q1987A. Unlike a lot of double sided paper, this is thin
    enough that my HP deskjet printer doesn't leave too marks (mostly in the 1/4"
    on the right side, which I chop off). I print the calendar side first, and
    then the photos. I then take the pages to my local copy shop, Staples,
    etc. and have them put a plastic protector sheet on the front and back, bind
    it, and drill a hole. I do have some slight bleed through problems on one very
    light sunrise picture.

    Other papers that I've looked at and don't work as well on my printer (mostly
    due to being too thick for the HP), but might work for you:

    Tetenal Duo Print Paper (glossy one side, matte the other)

    Epson double-sided matte paper (this was my choice before I found the
    HP brochure paper)

    HP brochure paper, double sided, matte

    Lumijet Portfolio matte double sided

    Red River 45lb. Zeppelin SemiGloss 2-Sided

    Red River 55lb. Premium Gloss 2-sided

    Red River 68lb. Frio Gloss 2-sided

    The Red River 45lb paper probably would have worked too, but I was starting to
    run out of time, and didn't have time to mail order it from their web site
    redrivercatalog.com.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Rich Cullen

    LauraK Guest

    >Thanks, Laura
    >
    >That Redriver looks perfect.
    >
    >Rich

    If you do order, also order one of their sampler packs. A excellent and
    inexpensive way to explore a lot of different papers. They have a Resin coated
    photo paper that is truly amazing.

    LauraK, Dec 23, 2003