    Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).
    :)
    Carlos
    Carlos, May 3, 2008

  2. Colin Barnhorst, May 3, 2008

  3. Charlie Russel - MVP, May 3, 2008
  4. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    I guess it will depend on Vista localization (country, language)?
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 3, 2008
  5. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Thansk, Colin!

    Carlos, May 3, 2008
  6. Not seeing any way to change that, however, in the language section.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 3, 2008
  7. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    This calendar gadget is exactly what I was looking for:
    http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=b309fb8d-aaea-427d-b7cf-382f914b4140&bt=1&pl=1
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 5, 2008
  8. Ah, good.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 5, 2008
  9. Carlos

    Andrew Tapp Guest

    I've been trying to sort this for a while as it is extremely anoying.

    In the folder c:\program files\windows
    sidebar\gadgets\calendar.gadget\en-us\js is a file called calendar.js, if you
    edit this (you will have to change the permissions/take ownership to do so)
    and change the line

    loc.day.first = vbsFirstDayOfWeek()-1;

    loc.day.first = vbsFirstDayOfWeek();

    this will change the start day from Sunday to Monday.

    I've also change the same file in the program files (x86)... folder as well.

    Seems to work well with no issues so far, remember take a backup first.

    Hope this helps.

    Andrew Tapp, May 6, 2008
  10. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Andrew,
    Thanks for the tip.
    In my case (Vista x64, Spanish MUI, Argentina) I had to set:
    loc.day.first = vbsFirstDayOfWeek()-2
    instead of your recommended
    loc.day.first = vbsFirstDayOfWeek()
    which had caused Tuesday to be the first day of the week!!!
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 6, 2008
  11. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Andrew,
    A small bug in this method.
    Sunday is now to the left (Ok)
    Number "6" is highlighted (Ok, because it is Tuestday 6th)
    On the top row, the single letter that identifies the day of the week is
    wrong, I have Monday highlighted. In Spanish it is an "l" corresponding to
    Lunes (Monday in English).
    So, proper number of the day, wrong name of the day.
    Any suggestions?
    Carlos

    de noticias news:...

    Carlos, May 7, 2008
  12. Carlos, I didn't see this thread until now, if it is still open, I would
    like to contribute that Andrew's method may be wrong for you because of the
    different locations? Since I'm not on Vista myself, I cannot (or, I believe
    I cannot) easily check or verify the bits and pieces, but the US default
    should make Sunday the first day, I believe. In Scandinavia Monday is
    definitely the first day and calendar math defines the first day as day
    '0' - if you introduce calculations containing '-1' and change location too
    you might actually expect anything, right?

    0 -1 = 6 (Saturday, under the US default?)

    Making changes here may change the number of the day without changing the
    name too?

    You may need to analyse what happens when you edit those lines, deep down
    inside the system something is making recalculations by way of binary-logic
    to wrap around between values from '0 - 6' and you might need to start off
    by giving false information and tell a lie?

    (a white one!)

    Tony. . .

    "Carlos" <atashian01@remove_the_obvious_hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Andrew,
    > A small bug in this method.
    > Sunday is now to the left (Ok)
    > Number "6" is highlighted (Ok, because it is Tuestday 6th)
    > On the top row, the single letter that identifies the day of the week is
    > wrong, I have Monday highlighted. In Spanish it is an "l" corresponding to
    > Lunes (Monday in English).
    > So, proper number of the day, wrong name of the day.
    > Any suggestions?
    > Carlos

    mensaje

    Tony Sperling, May 26, 2008
  13. Carlos

    priyanka131 Guest

    No charlie.
    mine office computer calendar shows the week view from sun-sat. and my
    own laptop shows from mon-sun.

    so the conclusion is that it doesn't depend on localization.

    --
    priyanka131
    priyanka131's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/106505.htm

    http://forums.techarena.in
    priyanka131, Jun 17, 2009
  14. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    This is an old subject.
    I can recall that it was automatically solved sometime back in 2008 after
    one of those MSFT 2nd tuesday monthly updates.
    After that, Sunday would sit as the first day of the week.
    Are your desktop and laptop updated equally?
    Are they the same Vista version (Ultimate, Premium, etc.) and bitness (x86,
    x64)?
    There might be a difference there.
    Anyway, I am now running Windows 7 x64 Spanish 7100 and there are no issues
    with Sunday location in the calendar.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 17, 2009
  15. I just changed the 1st day of the week on my calendar by going into the
    Control Panel, opening Region and Language, then changing the 1st day of
    the week from Sunday to Monday. You can change the 1st day of the week
    to any of the 7 days you desire.

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 17, 2009
  16. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Bobby,
    Would that be Vista or Windows 7?
    I'm at work right now with XP32-bit (aaarrrggg!) so I can't check anything.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 17, 2009
  17. I am in Win 7, but I think Vista is the same since it has a calendar
    gadget also.

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 17, 2009
  18. I just checked Vista and it does not have the option to change the 1st
    day of the week, but when I changed my location from U.S.A. to Germany
    the calendar changed the 1st day from Sunday to Montag. So, setting
    your language and location should correct the 1st day of the week
    displayed on the calendar.

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 17, 2009