    names such as "Birthdays", "Holidays, "Special days," ... and
    CalendarDataFile (twice), CalendarDataFile1, ...

    How can I get back to my familiar calandar colors?
    Stubby, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Stubby

    Nobody Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:47:54 -0400, Stubby
    <William.Plummer*NOSPAM*@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

    >I reconstructed my system after a crash including Mozilla 1.7.8 and
    >extensions. My <profile>\Calendar directory has 5 CalendarDataFile.ics
    >files, CalendarManager.rdf and a Sound.wav file that I use.
    >
    >Initially, nothing was displayed on my Calendar so I did a File>Open on
    >a few of these and tried to set the colors. A few appointments appeared
    >but with the wrong color. And my Tasks list is empty.
    >
    >Clicking on the "Calendars" tab shows 12 items. These have familiar
    >names such as "Birthdays", "Holidays, "Special days," ... and
    >CalendarDataFile (twice), CalendarDataFile1, ...
    >
    >How can I get back to my familiar calandar colors?

    re: crash: is that why your printing facility with Moz 1.7.8 reported
    1 July wasn't working?

    Nice for letting us know!
    Nobody, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Nobody wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:47:54 -0400, Stubby
    > <William.Plummer*NOSPAM*@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
    >

    >>I reconstructed my system after a crash including Mozilla 1.7.8 and
    >>extensions. My <profile>\Calendar directory has 5 CalendarDataFile.ics
    >>files, CalendarManager.rdf and a Sound.wav file that I use.
    >>
    >>Initially, nothing was displayed on my Calendar so I did a File>Open on
    >>a few of these and tried to set the colors. A few appointments appeared
    >>but with the wrong color. And my Tasks list is empty.
    >>
    >>Clicking on the "Calendars" tab shows 12 items. These have familiar
    >>names such as "Birthdays", "Holidays, "Special days," ... and
    >>CalendarDataFile (twice), CalendarDataFile1, ...
    >>
    >>How can I get back to my familiar calandar colors?

    > re: crash: is that why your printing facility with Moz 1.7.8 reported
    > 1 July wasn't working?
    >
    > Nice for letting us know!

    It's not at all clear. Apparently my machine was making silent errors.
    I don't know whether it was the hard disk, CPU, motherboard or memory.
    I certainly would not jump to any conclusions about what was going on.
    My solution was to move to my shadow machine that I keep ready to go
    for just this reason. Chkdsk left about a dozen fragments, one of
    which seemed to contain most of my files. Documents and Settings was
    mangled and my profile name had strange characters in it.

    If you have a specific question, I'll be happy to poke around in the
    ashes to answer it.
    Stubby, Jul 6, 2005