  1. I set an alarm 1 minute early for an 8:00AM meeting. The alarm message
    didn't hit my mailbox until 8:46AM. I check for new mail every 5
    minutes. What's causing the delay?
    William W. Plummer, Dec 15, 2004

  2. William W. Plummer

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/15/2004 9:17 AM William W. Plummer wrote:
    > I set an alarm 1 minute early for an 8:00AM meeting. The alarm message
    > didn't hit my mailbox until 8:46AM. I check for new mail every 5
    > minutes. What's causing the delay?

    Email server is slow?

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 16, 2004

  3. :: BRIAN :: wrote:

    > On 12/15/2004 9:17 AM William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> I set an alarm 1 minute early for an 8:00AM meeting. The alarm
    >> message didn't hit my mailbox until 8:46AM. I check for new mail
    >> every 5 minutes. What's causing the delay?

    > Email server is slow?

    I don't believe so. Sending email to myself as a test works fine even
    though I use a forwarder. It looks like the Calendar program doesn't
    send the notice promptly, but when it does, I receive the notification
    immediately. Another Calendar bug.
    William W. Plummer, Dec 16, 2004