Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 (running problem)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by beenthere, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. beenthere

    beenthere Guest

    "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    >I have been sucessfully running Cakewalk 9 on my XP Home Edition Sp2
    > for over a year. Suddenly it won't run - it boots up an then I get
    > the message "Updating Hardware State for Cakewalk1". It then
    > crashes . . . I receive a msg that it has to close down.

    snipped

    > Can any one help? I checked the Cakewalk site but no one else seems
    > to have had this problem.
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    Why Cakewalk 1 << ?. Mine`s called Cakewalk.exe.
    Perhaps an uninstall, and reinstall is due.
    HTH.

    beenthere, Sep 2, 2006

  2. beenthere

    beenthere Guest

    Re: Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 (running problem) THANKS

    > In article pwbKg.2011$,
    > "beenthere" <> said:
    > -->
    > -->
    > -->"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    > -->news:Rr6Kg.1907$Z%...
    > -->>I have been sucessfully running Cakewalk 9 on my XP Home Edition
    > -->Sp2
    > -->> for over a year. Suddenly it won't run - it boots up an then I
    > -->get
    > -->> the message "Updating Hardware State for Cakewalk1". It then
    > -->> crashes . . . I receive a msg that it has to close down.
    > -->>
    > -->snipped
    > -->>
    > -->> Can any one help? I checked the Cakewalk site but no one else
    > -->seems
    > -->> to have had this problem.
    > -->>
    > -->> Goodwill,
    > -->> Luke
    > -->>
    > -->Why Cakewalk 1 << ?. Mine`s called Cakewalk.exe.
    > -->Perhaps an uninstall, and reinstall is due.
    > -->HTH.
    >
    > I forgot to mention that I uninstalled and removed all instances of
    > Cakewalk & cwpa.exe from the registry. Then I reinstalled. Same
    > problem . . . but thanks anyway

    Got to be worth a look in your Event Manager Luke.
    Might be able to pin it down to something or

    D\load Dependency Walker from here
    www.dependencywalker.com/

    Load Cakewalk into it, and process it.
    It`ll find the problem.

    HTH.

    beenthere, Sep 2, 2006

  3. Re: Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 (running problem) [THANKS] [ MORE THANKS]

    In article 3KmKg.49$,
    Luke O'Malley <> said:
    -->
    -->

    Luke O'Malley, Sep 3, 2006
  4. beenthere

    beenthere Guest

    > In article 3KmKg.49$,
    > Luke O'Malley <> said:
    > -->
    > -->-->> -->>
    > -->-->> -->Why Cakewalk 1 << ?. Mine`s called Cakewalk.exe.
    > -->-->>
    > -->-->Got to be worth a look in your Event Manager Luke.

    > -->I am not sure what you mean by the 'Even Manager'. If it is the

    Rt\click on My Computer\Manage\Event Viewer.
    There are 3 items listed there. You need items1 Apps,
    and item 3 System.
    Click on one, then dbl click on any errors\warnings.
    This will try to give you a report of the error.
    > I tried Dependency Walker and it turned up some DLL files that I was
    > missing. I was able to find and install them. I rean it again and
    > it came up with some different ones. I was able to find and install
    > all but cwres.dll. Cakewalk still will not run. When I checked
    > with Dependency Walker it no longer showed any missing of damaged
    > files. I gave me the msg:
    >
    > Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a
    > missing export function in a delay-load dependent module. (In red.)

    Sounds like some other program has upset\replaced a file
    that CW needs.
    See what the Event Viewer shows.

    beenthere, Sep 3, 2006