Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 (running problem) [THANKS] [ MORE THANKS] con't

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by beenthere, Sep 4, 2006.

  1. beenthere

    beenthere Guest

    "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    > Date: 9/3/2006 9:32:59PM
    > -->_____________________________________________
    > -->Rt\click on My Computer\Manage\Event Viewer.
    > -->There are 3 items listed there. You need items1 Apps,
    > -->and item 3 System.
    > -->Click on one, then dbl click on any errors\warnings..
    > -->This will try to give you a report of the error.
    > -->_____________________________________________
    >

    > Boy, talk about a Christmas tree!!! There are so many errors it is
    > difficult to narrow them down. I suppose I should go one day at a
    > time because a good number of them appear to be duplicates. I did
    > note that Cdralw2k came up a good number of times. Cdralw2k has
    > failed to start because either it is disabled or no enabled device
    > associated with it. There are 16 items that failed to boot start or
    > system start! I checked on site
    > http://www.file.net/process/cdralw2k.sys.html about Cdralw2k. They
    > weren't sure what it was. It seems to have been associated with
    > Roxio - which I use to have on my PC. I followed the directions at
    > http://www.cd-burner-help.com/roxio-error-cdr4-cdralw2k.htm. It did
    > not help.
    >
    > What should I do?

    Sounds like your `Christmas tree` needs a good dusting down
    Luke.
    Difficult to pin down from here, `cos I don`t know what
    your system\software consists of.
    You can clear the Event logs and then get a fresh start with
    them.
    And on the Menu you can clear the log.
    But from what you say, you got a few errors to resolve.

    --
    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Sep 4, 2006

  2. Re: Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 (running problem) [THANKS] [ MORE THANKS] con't SEMI-FIXED

    In article Z4MKg.1493$,
    Luke O'Malley <> said:
    -->
    -->

    Luke O'Malley, Sep 6, 2006

  3. beenthere

    beenthere Guest

    > In article Z4MKg.1493$,
    > Luke O'Malley <> said:
    > -->
    > I ended up someplace in MS help on my laptop with a log file that
    > showed errors. It picked out a file and I copied the same file from
    > my PC. It works now. It seems me original installation disk has a
    > defective file or the disk has become corrupt. No I get a popup
    > that say an audio dll file is missing . . . or something.
    > Otherwise it works fine.
    >
    > Final Thanks
    > Luke

    Well done Luke. Glad you sorted it.
    You know the old saying. Never say Die <g>.

    beenthere, Sep 7, 2006