Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 & iTunes have the same problem! (Kind of a repeat!)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TheStoneCrusher, Jan 9, 2009.

  1. They both start and then give a msg that they have to close. They do.

    Cakewalk & iTunes were both installed on XP Pro SP2 and were working fine.
    Now when I oot up Cakewalk and get to "Cakewalk Quick
    Start" if either I close that menu or make a selection from it I receive a
    msg that the program has to close. It does. I have uninstalled Cakewalk a
    number of times, including removing all instances in the registry, and
    reinstalled with the same results.
    When I boot up iTunes I get the same results. What is most unusual, to me,
    is that they both point to an error:

    C:\Documents and Settings\lukeomalley\Local Settings\Temp\

    and then to a text file. In both cases I have renamed the files to see the
    results. Both programs build another text file with a different name as a
    replacement and then they fail anyway.

    What do you think?

    Help will be greatly appreciated.

    P.S. I should mention that I installed both programs on my other laptop
    and they work fine. It is running XP Home SP2.
    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 9, 2009

  2. TheStoneCrusher

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 17:40:48 -0500, "TheStoneCrusher"
    <> wrote:

    >What do you think?

    I think creating.. what is this, now 4 threads on the same thing is
    likely to get you ignored.
    Evan Platt, Jan 9, 2009

  3. TheStoneCrusher

    chuckcar Guest

    "TheStoneCrusher" <> wrote in

    > They both start and then give a msg that they have to close. They do.
    >
    > Cakewalk & iTunes were both installed on XP Pro SP2 and were working
    > fine. Now when I oot up Cakewalk and get to "Cakewalk Quick
    > Start" if either I close that menu or make a selection from it I receive
    > a msg that the program has to close. It does. I have uninstalled
    > Cakewalk a number of times, including removing all instances in the
    > registry, and reinstalled with the same results.
    > When I boot up iTunes I get the same results. What is most unusual, to
    > me, is that they both point to an error:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\lukeomalley\Local Settings\Temp\
    >
    > and then to a text file. In both cases I have renamed the files to see
    > the results. Both programs build another text file with a different
    > name as a replacement and then they fail anyway.
    >
    > What do you think?

    I think you should keep this problem to the original thread it was put in
    and wait for answers.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 9, 2009
  4. I'm afraid I will die of old age waiting for an answer to the original
    thread so I expanded the problem to include what seems to be similar when I
    found it with the hopes that someone, obviously not you, might notice that
    the same problem with two different programs might suggest a solution, as
    opposed to a unique singular problem. Keeping it with the same thread would
    discourage anyone who could not make sense out of the first posting - who
    had taken the trouble to look at it. It also made people who are not
    familiar with Cakewalk but are with iTunes to give a look. I'm sorry if my
    strategy escaped you. It is really not the same posting if you think about
    it.
    Goodwill,
    Luke

    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 10, 2009
  5. TheStoneCrusher

    G. Morgan Guest

    TheStoneCrusher wrote:

    >I'm sorry if my
    >strategy escaped you.

    Pretty much every concept eludes Chucktard.

    --
    Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that,
    I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -Jack Handey
    G. Morgan, Jan 10, 2009
  6. TheStoneCrusher

    chuckcar Guest

    "TheStoneCrusher" <> wrote in

    > I'm afraid I will die of old age waiting for an answer to the original
    > thread so I expanded the problem to include what seems to be similar
    > when I found it with the hopes that someone, obviously not you, might
    > notice that the same problem with two different programs might suggest a
    > solution, as opposed to a unique singular problem. Keeping it with the
    > same thread would discourage anyone who could not make sense out of the
    > first posting - who had taken the trouble to look at it. It also made
    > people who are not familiar with Cakewalk but are with iTunes to give a
    > look. I'm sorry if my strategy escaped you. It is really not the same
    > posting if you think about it.

    This is usenet, not instant messaging or some chatroom where people drift
    in and out and you can only communicate with them. Usenet works just the
    opposite. You get good answers from a few people here and they probably
    will post once a day. If you're in a hurry, call geek squad or somesuch.
    The reason for sticking to one thread is so we don't have to go over and
    over the same (possibly missing) information, attempted fixes and results
    thereof. This makes the process quicker. You *do* want that don't you?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 10, 2009
  7. You still miss my point.

    TheStoneCrusher, Jan 10, 2009
  8. TheStoneCrusher

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:53:03 -0500, "TheStoneCrusher"
    <> wrote:

    >You still miss my point.

    Although chucktard normally misses every point, he's right. Don't
    create new threads for the same issue. Follow up to the original one.
    Evan Platt, Jan 10, 2009
  9. OK,OK, the problem is solved!!! First, iTunes 8 would not work without
    QuickTime installed. Deleted everything on the PC related to iTunes, Apple,
    & QuickTime. Presto! Second, I have Cakewalk 9.00 and have tried
    unsuccessfully to download the patches for 9.01, 9.02, & 9.03. OK,OK, I
    'found' a copy of 9.03 and, again, presto. Of course this does not explain
    why both worked and then stopped. I don't need the explanation, I just need
    the programs running. I am happy, but I must apologize for starting new
    threads unnecessarily.
    Goodwill,
    Luke
    The Stone Crusher