    NIS shows Cain&Abel as a malware. Is it correct?
    Thanks.
    Giovanni

    GRL, Apr 29, 2006

  2. GRL

    nemo_outis Guest

    "GRL" <> wrote in news:-privat.org:

    > NIS shows Cain&Abel as a malware. Is it correct?
    > Thanks.
    > Giovanni

    Nope, it's a hacker tool (password recovery) Harmless unless deliberately
    invoked (and even then it will only do what you tell it.).

    http://www.oxid.it/cain.html

    Regards,

    PS Has google stopped working?

    nemo_outis, Apr 29, 2006

  3. GRL

    GRL Guest

    Thanks.
    Of course Google is running, but it's not always the quickest way to find
    something specific (if not, what's the reason for newsgroups?).
    What I really wanted to understand is if C&A could be an actual threat.
    Giovanni

    GRL, Apr 29, 2006
  4. GRL

    Todd H. Guest

    "GRL" <> writes:

    > NIS shows Cain&Abel as a malware. Is it correct?

    Nah. It's not something you want on your system if you didn't put it
    there though. It is a rather verastile hacking tool, but not in
    itself malware.

    If you just happened to discover it on your system though, and you
    didn't put it there, you've been owned.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Apr 29, 2006
  5. GRL

    Todd H. Guest

    "GRL" <> writes:

    > Thanks.
    > Of course Google is running, but it's not always the quickest way to find
    > something specific (if not, what's the reason for newsgroups?).

    Hi Giovanni,

    I agree with you. Google doesn't answer specific questions like that,
    or let you tap into those who know what tools are legit and which are
    malware. Your post is entirely appropriate.

    I've used Cain and ABel in the past for security vulnerability
    assessment, and so long as it was you who put it on your system, you
    don't have much to worry about.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Apr 29, 2006
  6. GRL

    GRL Guest

    Thank you Todd, your answer is just the one I was looking for.
    Giovanni

    GRL, Apr 29, 2006
  7. GRL

    donnie Guest

    On 29 Apr 2006 09:28:04 +0200, "GRL" <> wrote:

    >NIS shows Cain&Abel as a malware. Is it correct?
    >Thanks.
    >Giovanni

    If anything is malware, it's Norton. It has no buisness on any PC.

    donnie, Apr 30, 2006