    To what & where do I change this ?

    In the Ami bios setup the only cache choices are Internal & External and
    they can be either enabled/disabled.

    fhg, Jan 31, 2004

  2. fhg

    Alien Zord Guest

    "fhg" <_(notreal)> wrote in message
    news:8%OSb.7038$...
    > Aida reportd that the L2 cache (level2/secondary) cache is 0, which will
    > result in a performance penalty.
    >
    > To what & where do I change this ?
    >
    > In the Ami bios setup the only cache choices are Internal & External and
    > they can be either enabled/disabled.

    Which processor and motherboard?

    Alien Zord, Jan 31, 2004

  3. fhg

    fhg Guest

    Matsonic MS5025 S & Cyrix 6x86L

    --
    xx

    fhg, Jan 31, 2004
  4. fhg

    > Matsonic MS5025 S & Cyrix 6x86L

    CPU diagnostic utilities like Sandra, AIDA32 or CPUID frequently have
    problems correctly diagnosing Cyrix CPUs. Just observe the POST screen for
    reported cache. Your mobo should have 512KB.

    Alien Zord, Jan 31, 2004
  5. fhg

    fhg Guest

    > > Matsonic MS5025 S & Cyrix 6x86L
    > >

    > CPU diagnostic utilities like Sandra, AIDA32 or CPUID frequently have
    > problems correctly diagnosing Cyrix CPUs. Just observe the POST screen for
    > reported cache. Your mobo should have 512KB.

    That is what Aida reported (see original post) - that the L2 is 0 - but my
    question is how/where to change it

    fhg, Jan 31, 2004
  6. fhg

    > > > Matsonic MS5025 S & Cyrix 6x86L
    > > >

    > > CPU diagnostic utilities like Sandra, AIDA32 or CPUID frequently have
    > > problems correctly diagnosing Cyrix CPUs. Just observe the POST screen

    for
    > > reported cache. Your mobo should have 512KB.
    > >

    > That is what Aida reported (see original post) - that the L2 is 0 - but my
    > question is how/where to change it

    Does the POST screen (the BIOS screen at start-up) report 512k?

    Alien Zord, Jan 31, 2004
  7. fhg

    ICee Guest

    fhg wrote:
    > Matsonic MS5025 S & Cyrix 6x86L

    The Cyrix 6x86L does not have L2 cache on die.
    http://www.bytes-and-more.de/tech/cyrix_tech.htm

    Here's the manual for the MS5025 (Adobe PDF document):
    http://www.matsonic.com/manual/ms5025.pdf

    ICee, Jan 31, 2004
  8. fhg

    fhg Guest

    OK thanks. I guess that settles that question.

    --
    xx

    fhg, Jan 31, 2004
  9. fhg

    ICee Guest

    fhg wrote:
    > OK thanks. I guess that settles that question.

    You're welcome. BTW, that MB can have up to 512 KB L2 cache on board.
    Not sure how (or if) Aida would 'see' that. The problem is, some MB's
    had 256 KB, 512 KB, or 0KB L2 cache, even though there may be 1 to 3
    cache chips on the MB (sometimes 'dummy' chips were used).
    Try enabling external cache in the BIOS and see what happens.

    >> fhg wrote:
    >>> Matsonic MS5025 S & Cyrix 6x86L

    >> The Cyrix 6x86L does not have L2 cache on die.
    >> http://www.bytes-and-more.de/tech/cyrix_tech.htm
    >>
    >> Here's the manual for the MS5025 (Adobe PDF document):
    >> http://www.matsonic.com/manual/ms5025.pdf

    --
    "God's Final Message to His Creation:
    'We apologize for the inconvenience.'"