    configured somehow to not always check for a newer version of a page? If
    not, I would like to see this option introduced to FF.
    Any ideas/tips?

    The Displacer, Oct 5, 2004

  2. The Displacer wrote:
    > I want to use Firefox very much as I prefer it to the browser in the Mozilla
    > suite in all but one way....I can't see anything in the options in FF to
    > enable me to set "compare the page in the cache to the page on the network"
    > to "never" or "once per session" as is configurable in the Mozilla suite
    > browser (prefereneces>advanced>cache). FF is set to always compare and there
    > are times when I don't like that to be my default setting. Can FF be
    > configured somehow to not always check for a newer version of a page? If
    > not, I would like to see this option introduced to FF.
    > Any ideas/tips?

    I don't have time to check it now, but the answer is about:config in
    both browsers. Set the options as you want in Mozilla, then compare the
    pref settings in FF. While there may be no UI option to do it in FF,
    these things are usually possible under the hood. You may need to
    create a new pref in FF to match the ones in Moz.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 5, 2004

  3. The Displacer

    .brian. Guest

    On 10/5/2004 12:48 PM Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > The Displacer wrote:
    >
    >> I want to use Firefox very much as I prefer it to the browser in the
    >> Mozilla
    >> suite in all but one way....I can't see anything in the options in FF to
    >> enable me to set "compare the page in the cache to the page on the
    >> network"
    >> to "never" or "once per session" as is configurable in the Mozilla suite
    >> browser (prefereneces>advanced>cache). FF is set to always compare and
    >> there
    >> are times when I don't like that to be my default setting. Can FF be
    >> configured somehow to not always check for a newer version of a page? If
    >> not, I would like to see this option introduced to FF.
    >> Any ideas/tips?
    >>

    > I don't have time to check it now, but the answer is about:config in
    > both browsers. Set the options as you want in Mozilla, then compare the
    > pref settings in FF. While there may be no UI option to do it in FF,
    > these things are usually possible under the hood. You may need to
    > create a new pref in FF to match the ones in Moz.
    >
    > Lee

    Yes, that option is in about:config -- and can also be changed.

    browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

    0 = Once per session
    1 = Every time
    2 = Never
    3 = When the page is out of date - /DEFAULT/

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    .brian., Oct 5, 2004
  4. ..brian. <user@127.0.1.1> wrote in message
    <snip>

    > browser.cache.check_doc_frequency
    >
    > 0 = Once per session
    > 1 = Every time
    > 2 = Never
    > 3 = When the page is out of date - /DEFAULT/
    >
    > --
    > Brian

    Thank you Brian, it works a treat.
    Tony