    possibly the history (less important, but helps to have the
    autocomplete info when typing URL's).

    TIA, Jim

    Jim, May 4, 2005

  2. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Worse yet, all saved passwords were cleared!!

    Jim, May 4, 2005

  3. Jim

    Big Will Guest

    Re: Cache clearing deletes saved form info and history. Anyway notto have this happen?

    Jim wrote:
    > Worse yet, all saved passwords were cleared!!
    >
    > On Wed, 04 May 2005 15:08:32 -0500, Jim <> wrote:
    >

    >>When I cleared the cache in firefox, prior to defragging my disk, it
    >>also cleared all saved form information and the history. even though
    >>there are separate options to do this. Is there any way to just clear
    >>the cache'd info not including saved form information (especially) and
    >>possibly the history (less important, but helps to have the
    >>autocomplete info when typing URL's).
    >>
    >>TIA, Jim

    tools\options\privacy\clear chache (not clear all).

    Regards,

    Will

    Big Will, May 5, 2005
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Well, I guess somehow I must have done clear all if there's no
    possibility that clear (cache) did this.

    Jim

    Jim, May 5, 2005
  5. Jim

    Big Will Guest

    Re: Cache clearing deletes saved form info and history. Anyway notto have this happen?

    You may have. If you still doubt it, then you could try storing a
    password and seeing if clearing cache deleted it, but it shoudln't have
    (it doesn't here).

    Regards,

    Will

    Big Will, May 5, 2005