    the Firefox toolbar. Would periodically cleaning out the cache while
    Firefox is still open have any impact on reducing the browser's memory
    usage? Mine gets up to 160K after several hours.
    History Fan, Apr 6, 2007

  2. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    >Mine gets up to 160K after several hours.

    I meant 160,000K after several hours.
    History Fan, Apr 6, 2007

  3. History Fan wrote:
    >> Mine gets up to 160K after several hours.
    >>

    > I meant 160,000K after several hours.

    talk about aggessive snipping, there is no question at all!
    Moz Champion (Dan), Apr 6, 2007
  4. History Fan wrote:
    > I'm using FF 2.0.0.3 on a XP SP2 desktop PC.
    >
    > I found an extension that allows you to add a 'Clear Cache' button to
    > the Firefox toolbar. Would periodically cleaning out the cache while
    > Firefox is still open have any impact on reducing the browser's memory
    > usage? Mine gets up to 160K after several hours.

    yes
    Moz Champion (Dan), Apr 6, 2007
  5. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "Moz Champion (Dan)" <> wrote in message
    > History Fan wrote:
    >> I'm using FF 2.0.0.3 on a XP SP2 desktop PC.
    >>
    >> I found an extension that allows you to add a 'Clear Cache' button
    >> to the Firefox toolbar. Would periodically cleaning out the cache while
    >> Firefox is still open have any impact on reducing the browser's memory
    >> usage? Mine gets up to 160K after several hours.

    > yes

    I installed the extension a few hours ago. If anyone is interested,
    here is the link:

    History Fan, Apr 6, 2007
  6. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using FF 2.0.0.3 on a XP SP2 desktop PC.
    >
    > I found an extension that allows you to add a 'Clear Cache' button to
    > the Firefox toolbar. Would periodically cleaning out the cache while
    > Firefox is still open have any impact on reducing the browser's memory
    > usage? Mine gets up to 160K after several hours.

    Would lowering the cache size that Firefox can use to something like
    50MB also help with the memory usage issue?
    History Fan, Apr 7, 2007