    the same freq. as cable tv uses.

    They were doing their rounds when they found this problem, any one have a
    clue why its doing it? or better yet how to fix it?

    Igor, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Igor

    VWWall Guest

    Igor wrote:

    > I have a rather odd question i hope someone can shed a little bit of light
    > on.
    >
    > It would seem my ecs k7s51 w/ xp 1900 is throwing off something on or near
    > the same freq. as cable tv uses.

    There are a number of RF generators in every computer. They
    should be shielded, (by the case), and filtered, (by the power
    supply line filter), so as not to cause problems.

    Cable systems use a large spectrum of frequencies. Did they say
    what frequency(s) your system was "throwing off"? Was it causing
    any problem? To you or to them?

    > They were doing their rounds when they found this problem, any one have a
    > clue why its doing it? or better yet how to fix it?

    Check that your case is properly closed, and that the ground
    in the power socket is OK. If it's not causing you a problem,
    find out what the cable company's problem is.

    Virg Wall
    --

    It is vain to do with more
    what can be done with fewer.

    VWWall, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Igor

    Igor Guest

    well its more of an FCC thing, they do the leak tests bcuz the FCC tells
    them to, outside that its not a huge deal other then it got me thinking...
    I assume you mean the grouding wires in the house right, like in the walls,
    testing that doesn't seem like a bad idea, how would i go about it?

    fyi the mobo is a ecs k7s5a, fighting a bit of a cold here :)

    Igor, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Igor

    VWWall Guest

    Igor wrote:

    > well its more of an FCC thing, they do the leak tests bcuz the FCC tells
    > them to, outside that its not a huge deal other then it got me thinking...

    If there's no interference with your cable reception, I'd not worry.

    > I assume you mean the grouding wires in the house right, like in the walls,
    > testing that doesn't seem like a bad idea, how would i go about it?
    >
    > fyi the mobo is a ecs k7s5a, fighting a bit of a cold here :)

    It's a good idea, if only for safety reasons, to test all the
    outlets in your home. Many older or re-wired homes have incorrectly
    wired sockets.

    You can get a tester that plugs into the wall socket that will check
    for ground, neutral and hot on the proper socket terminals. Check
    at any home supply center.

    Virg Wall
    --

    It is vain to do with more
    what can be done with fewer.

    VWWall, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Igor

    Anna N. Amis Guest

    VWWall <> wrote in message
    > Igor wrote:
    >
    > > well its more of an FCC thing, they do the leak tests bcuz the FCC tells
    > > them to, outside that its not a huge deal other then it got me

    thinking...

    > If there's no interference with your cable reception, I'd not worry.
    >
    > > I assume you mean the grouding wires in the house right, like in the

    walls,
    > > testing that doesn't seem like a bad idea, how would i go about it?
    > >
    > > fyi the mobo is a ecs k7s5a, fighting a bit of a cold here :)

    > It's a good idea, if only for safety reasons, to test all the
    > outlets in your home. Many older or re-wired homes have incorrectly
    > wired sockets.
    >
    > You can get a tester that plugs into the wall socket that will check
    > for ground, neutral and hot on the proper socket terminals. Check
    > at any home supply center.
    >
    > Virg Wall
    > --
    >
    > It is vain to do with more
    > what can be done with fewer.
    > William of Occam.

    My UPS has an alarm lite that comes on when it is connected to a socket
    that is not wired properly. Maybe they all do. If so you can just plug a UPS
    into your outlets to test them. Not a cheap as a tester but if you already
    have a UPS, why not.

    Anna N. Amis, Mar 5, 2004