  1. Matalog

    Matalog Guest

    Can cable releases half press to auto-focus the shot?

    Matalog, Nov 4, 2005

  2. Matalog

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:02:32 +0000, Matalog wrote:

    > Can cable releases half press to auto-focus the shot?

    Do any digital cameras use cable releases? I haven't come across any.
    The only things I have seen are remote switches and wireless switches; I
    don't think either of these are able to use half press.
    --
    Neil
    Delete delete to reply by email

    Neil Ellwood, Nov 4, 2005

  3. On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:02:32 GMT, Matalog <> wrote:
    > Can cable releases half press to auto-focus the shot?

    I've only ever used a cable release on film cameras, but in that case
    (a couple of different Nikon SLRs), the answer was yes.

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Nov 4, 2005
  4. Matalog

    C Wright Guest

    On 11/4/05 11:02 AM, in article IuMaf.3932$,
    "Matalog" <> wrote:

    > Can cable releases half press to auto-focus the shot?

    If you are referring to the electronic releases that now take the place of
    "cable releases" the answer is yes.

    C Wright, Nov 4, 2005
  5. Matalog

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <IuMaf.3932$>,
    "Matalog" <> wrote:

    > Can cable releases half press to auto-focus the shot?

    Kaiser makes a strap-on cable release adapter that can be attached to
    almost any camera. The adapter uses standard cable releases and
    depresses the exposure button on the camera. If the button has a half
    press feature then it would work using the adapter and a long throw
    cable release. But it may be tricky feeling it engage without doing a
    lot of test firing to see how far the cable has to be depressed.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Nov 4, 2005
  6. Matalog

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Matalog wrote:

    > Can cable releases half press to auto-focus the shot?

    Canon DSLR cable releases have an auto focus half press.

    Very few non-DSLR digicams have provisions for a cable
    release.

    Jim Townsend, Nov 4, 2005
  7. Matalog

    Pete D Guest

    Yes, my Pentax *ist Ds does it very nicely.

    Pete D, Nov 4, 2005
  8. In article <IuMaf.3932$>, Matalog
    <> wrote:

    > Can cable releases half press to auto-focus the shot?

    I can and do on my 10D using the Canon release.

    Randall Ainsworth, Nov 5, 2005