    providers cable router Thank you
    --
    B J
    MRRIGGA, Feb 19, 2008

  2. MRRIGGA

    Lem Guest

    MRRIGGA wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I am using a ADSL2+cable router and would like to use a wireless router
    > that I have laying around,
    > Is this possible by connecting the wireless router direct to my providers
    > phone line or would I have to some how attach the wireless router to my
    > providers cable router Thank you

    Your question isn't clear.

    If you currently have a non-wireless combo modem/router (either cable or
    DSL) and want to use a wireless router, many home wireless routers can
    be configured as a wireless access point only. This will give you
    wireless access as well as (in many cases) 3 more wired LAN jacks. See
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    Or, if the wireless router you have laying about happens to *also*
    incorporate a modem (cable or DSL, as needed by your particular setup),
    then you can simply replace the current device and connect the wireless
    device directly to the cable or phone line. You may have to know some
    configuration details from your ISP.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Feb 19, 2008

  3. MRRIGGA

    Barb Bowman Guest

    hopefully your wireless router will let you turn off DHCP and NAT to
    turn it into an access point. then after you do that, you can plug
    it into a LAN port on your ADSL router.

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:15:01 -0800, MRRIGGA
    <> wrote:

    >Hi.
    > I am using a ADSL2+cable router and would like to use a wireless router
    >that I have laying around,
    > Is this possible by connecting the wireless router direct to my providers
    >phone line or would I have to some how attach the wireless router to my
    >providers cable router Thank you

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP