    download stuff from usenet and get double the speed. using more connections,
    them being routed to each modem. i will not buy a modem bonding router, no $
    for that.

    Joe, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Joe

    Chet Guest

    I doubt if you would gain much if any speed. Your speed is primarily
    limited by the cable itself which you share with everybody in your part of
    town. Putting two modems on the same cable probably won't help.
    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > If I had 2 nics in my pc and 2 cable modems is there any free windows xp
    > software to do some modem bonding to combine both modems speed? I know

    about
    > how it works, just need to know if there's any free software or like 30

    day

    $

    Chet, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "Chet" <chartley(nospam)> wrote in message
    > I doubt if you would gain much if any speed. Your speed is primarily
    > limited by the cable itself which you share with everybody in your part of
    > town. Putting two modems on the same cable probably won't help.
    > "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > > If I had 2 nics in my pc and 2 cable modems is there any free windows xp
    > > software to do some modem bonding to combine both modems speed? I know

    > about
    > > how it works, just need to know if there's any free software or like 30

    > day
    > > free trial/demos. I want to borrow my uncles modem and combine both to
    > > download stuff from usenet and get double the speed. using more

    > connections,
    > > them being routed to each modem. i will not buy a modem bonding router,

    no
    > $
    > > for that.

    Oh yes it will. I know for a fact it would double my speed. So is there any
    software?

    Joe, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Joe

    ric Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > Oh yes it will. I know for a fact it would double my speed. So is there any
    > software?

    Thanks for the chuckle.

    ric, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Joe

    derek / nul Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:54:33 -0700, "Joe" <> wrote:

    >Oh yes it will. I know for a fact it would double my speed. So is there any
    >software?

    No, there is no software.

    derek / nul, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Joe

    Ken Dennis Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:17:58 -0700, Joe wrote:

    > If I had 2 nics in my pc and 2 cable modems is there any free windows xp
    > software to do some modem bonding to combine both modems speed? I know about
    > how it works, just need to know if there's any free software or like 30 day
    > free trial/demos. I want to borrow my uncles modem and combine both to
    > download stuff from usenet and get double the speed. using more connections,
    > them being routed to each modem. i will not buy a modem bonding router, no $
    > for that.

    As far as just using it to surf the web etc for speed I don't know of
    anything. But if you run an FTP site, or some sort of server, you could
    use that quite easily to help improve your speed. I can only think of
    server type applications where this could be implemented.

    --
    Ken Dennis
    http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net

    Ken Dennis, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "Ken Dennis" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:17:58 -0700, Joe wrote:
    >
    > > If I had 2 nics in my pc and 2 cable modems is there any free windows xp
    > > software to do some modem bonding to combine both modems speed? I know

    about
    > > how it works, just need to know if there's any free software or like 30

    day
    > > free trial/demos. I want to borrow my uncles modem and combine both to
    > > download stuff from usenet and get double the speed. using more

    connections,
    > > them being routed to each modem. i will not buy a modem bonding router,

    no $
    > > for that.

    > As far as just using it to surf the web etc for speed I don't know of
    > anything. But if you run an FTP site, or some sort of server, you could
    > use that quite easily to help improve your speed. I can only think of
    > server type applications where this could be implemented.
    >
    > --
    > Ken Dennis
    > http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net

    Wrong. If you donwload files using download accelerators, it improoves speed
    using more connections. using newsgroup software like newsbin pro etc you
    get more speed using more connections.

    anyhow i am not posting for info how it works, i already said i know how,
    but i am posting only for where's a good web site with software to do this
    modem bonding in windows. if no one knows then fine. but i don't want to
    talk about the technology, no time, just wanna try to find some software. i
    aint found anything yet. to busy to look and when i have some time im gonna
    try to google.

    Joe, Oct 21, 2004
  8. Joe

    Ken Dennis Guest

    > Wrong. If you donwload files using download accelerators, it improoves speed
    > using more connections. using newsgroup software like newsbin pro etc you
    > get more speed using more connections.

    What i said isn't wrong, I gave you an example of where it would be
    helpful and said I didn't know about a software to do what you ask. There
    is no need to rudely reply to everyone.

    Ken Dennis, Oct 21, 2004
  9. Ken Dennis wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:17:58 -0700, Joe wrote:
    >
    >> If I had 2 nics in my pc and 2 cable modems is there any free
    >> windows xp software to do some modem bonding to combine both modems
    >> speed? I know about how it works, just need to know if there's any
    >> free software or like 30 day free trial/demos. I want to borrow my
    >> uncles modem and combine both to download stuff from usenet and get
    >> double the speed. using more connections, them being routed to each
    >> modem. i will not buy a modem bonding router, no $ for that.

    > As far as just using it to surf the web etc for speed I don't know of
    > anything. But if you run an FTP site, or some sort of server, you
    > could use that quite easily to help improve your speed. I can only
    > think of server type applications where this could be implemented.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!! You fucking pillock.

    Vincent Bingley, Oct 21, 2004
  10. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "Ken Dennis" <> wrote in message

    > > Wrong. If you donwload files using download accelerators, it improoves

    speed
    > > using more connections. using newsgroup software like newsbin pro etc

    you
    > > get more speed using more connections.

    > What i said isn't wrong, I gave you an example of where it would be
    > helpful and said I didn't know about a software to do what you ask. There
    > is no need to rudely reply to everyone.
    >
    > --
    > Ken Dennis
    > http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net

    I was not rude what so ever and modem bonding doesn't help FTP. It's only
    for downloads mostly. anyway bye

    Joe, Oct 21, 2004
  11. Joe

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Chet" <chartley(nospam)> wrote in

    > I doubt if you would gain much if any speed. Your speed is primarily
    > limited by the cable itself which you share with everybody in your
    > part of town. Putting two modems on the same cable probably won't
    > help.

    Not a chance. Bandwith is artificially capped on cable. However you can't
    do what he wants done. You could in theory use a router that can do load
    balancing and traffic shaping, but you'd never get 2x the bandwith.

    Jim Berwick, Oct 21, 2004
  12. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    > "Chet" <chartley(nospam)> wrote in
    >
    > > I doubt if you would gain much if any speed. Your speed is primarily
    > > limited by the cable itself which you share with everybody in your
    > > part of town. Putting two modems on the same cable probably won't
    > > help.
    > >

    > Not a chance. Bandwith is artificially capped on cable. However you

    can't
    > do what he wants done. You could in theory use a router that can do load
    > balancing and traffic shaping, but you'd never get 2x the bandwith.

    Yes you will get double the speed. If the server can give you the speed you
    will get it. I know for a fact as I have seen it. So instead of me getting a
    router to do load balancing, i want software to do this. i need to find the
    stuff, but haven't looked yet.

    Joe, Oct 21, 2004
  13. Joe

    Raven Guest

    i want software to do this. i need to find the
    > stuff, but haven't looked yet.

    So why not just take a second and look on the internet instead of arguing
    your point. BTW, I don't think there is any free software exists, I did a
    Google (which took a second......a lot less than it takes to post a message
    in a NG) and nothing came up. thinkquest.org had an article on it, but I
    didn't read it.

    --
    Raven~
    "Insert good quote here" --Someone Smarter Than Me

    Raven, Oct 21, 2004