Cable connection for D-Link DSL-G604T modem-router ?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Pete Kennedy, Jun 3, 2005.

  1. Pete Kennedy

    Pete Kennedy Guest

    Hi,

    I have a 3-PC (a desktop and 2 laptops) small office wired LAN and have just
    purchased a D-Link DSL-G604T wireless modem-router. In the manufacturer's
    quick installation guide, it says that the router has to be connected to a
    PC via a cable. OK, I can do this for the desktop and connect the others via
    wireless. However, if I do this the new connection settings will write over
    the existing LAN's on the desktop, which is currently the host machine
    running ICS. I don't want this - I want to be able to revert to my wired LAN
    should, and they will, things go wrong. Can the desktop and indeed all the
    PCs not be connected wirelessly ? I have an extra wireless card which I can
    install on the desktop so that's not a problem.

    Cheers

    --
    Pete

    Pete Kennedy, Jun 3, 2005