    profiler and it is listed as Anamorphic Widescreen. Lions Gate needs better
    labeling on thier DVD's.

    AceoHearts

    AceoHearts, Jan 22, 2004

  2. AceoHearts

    Richard C. Guest

    "AceoHearts" <> wrote in message
    news:JNYPb.66636$...
    : I just bought this movie and was surprised that it listed everything about
    : the movie on the box, except the aspect ratio. It has 13 different Logos on
    : it (Kodak, DD, CC,CP,DVD etc) but didn't list the ratio. A clerk said they
    : figured that it was full screen or both FS/WS since it didn't specify and
    : there was only one version released. I got home, plugged it into DVD
    : profiler and it is listed as Anamorphic Widescreen. Lions Gate needs better
    : labeling on thier DVD's.
    :
    ==========================
    Good to know.

    I did not buy it because of the lack of info.
    Did anyone buy it that can verify for sure?

    Richard C., Jan 23, 2004

  3. AceoHearts

    HermanTurnip Guest

    I thought that the aspect ratio *must* be printed on the main cover
    underneath the slip sleeve. No dice. If it wasn't widescreen I was just
    going to boogie back to the store and complain. It's odd that they can take
    the time to make a snazzy picture-changing motion slip cover thingy, but
    fail to include important info such as aspect ratio. Where was quality
    control when they printed up this baby?

    I hope Lions Gate is taking notes and won't let this happen again.

    Lions Gate: Stop with the slip-cover garbage and give us a simple chapter
    stop instead.

    -HermanTurnip
    http://homepage.mac.com/hermanturnip/

    HermanTurnip, Jan 23, 2004
  4. AceoHearts

    Zimmy Guest

    My copy from Netflix was 2:35.
    Yet another hack director who thinks they are David Lean.

    Zimmy, Jan 23, 2004
  5. They all should print in big letters WIDESCREEN or FOOLSCREEN (oops...PAN
    AND SCAM...darn it...PAN AND SCAN) at the top them.

    Michael Walker, Jan 25, 2004
  6. AceoHearts

    Scott Higdon Guest

    In <JNYPb.66636$> AceoHearts wrote:
    > I just bought this movie and was surprised that it listed everything
    > about the movie on the box, except the aspect ratio. It has 13
    > different Logos on it (Kodak, DD, CC,CP,DVD etc) but didn't list the
    > ratio. A clerk said they figured that it was full screen or both FS/
    > WS since it didn't specify and there was only one version released. I
    > got home, plugged it into DVD profiler and it is listed as Anamorphic
    > Widescreen. Lions Gate needs better labeling on thier DVD's.
    >
    > AceoHearts

    They should have printed the fact that the movie sucks on there
    somewhere.

    Scott Higdon, Jan 25, 2004
  7. AceoHearts

    Mark Gold Guest

    Scott Higdon <> wrote:

    >They should have printed the fact that the movie sucks on there
    >somewhere.

    I thought you were all talking about Cabin Boy; is cabin fever
    any good?

    Mark Gold, Jan 25, 2004
  8. AceoHearts

    Paul C. Guest

    (Mark Gold) wrote in news:bv1aqv$2hq$7
    @blue.rahul.net:

    > Scott Higdon <> wrote:
    >
    >>They should have printed the fact that the movie sucks on there
    >>somewhere.

    > I thought you were all talking about Cabin Boy; is cabin fever
    > any good?

    If you like laughing at something that's not supposed to be funny,
    yes. The Rotten Fruit extras were amusing. Definitely NOT worth
    purchasing, a rental at best & very forgettable.

    Paul C., Jan 25, 2004
  9. AceoHearts

    Mike McGee Guest

    Mike McGee, Feb 3, 2004
  10. You'll have to see it for yourself to find out if it was any good. I thought
    it was a good horror flick compared to others I've rented lately that I
    thought were stinkers. But it's not high on my priority list to buy at the
    moment.

    Michael Walker, Feb 3, 2004
  11. AceoHearts

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Michael Walker" <> wrote in message
    > You'll have to see it for yourself to find out if it was any good. I

    thought
    > it was a good horror flick compared to others I've rented lately that I
    > thought were stinkers. But it's not high on my priority list to buy at the
    > moment.

    It is one of the most wretched films ever. The 'party guy' cop performance
    is so bad it is epic.

    Extras are very funny, however.

    --
    Jay

    "Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

    Jay Stewart, Feb 4, 2004
  12. AceoHearts

    Otter Guest

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:23:23 GMT, Mike McGee
    <admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote:

    >> I thought you were all talking about Cabin Boy; is cabin fever
    >> any good?

    It's one of those matter of tatse movies. I loved it, some hated it,
    some are indifferent. Just have fun with it.

    There's a very clever DVD easter egg WITHIN the movie (hint hint)

    -Otter

    Otter, Feb 4, 2004
  13. AceoHearts

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <5YXTb.399284$ts4.269976@pd7tw3no>,
    "Jay Stewart" <> wrote:

    > It is one of the most wretched films ever. The 'party guy' cop performance
    > is so bad it is epic.

    I guess you haven't seen House of the Dead yet. Cabin Fever is a
    masterpiece of horror in comparison to that steaming pile of monkey crap.
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Feb 6, 2004