  1. I notice 2 versions of this DVD on Amazon. The older one seems to have more of the extras. Why a
    newer one?

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 15, 2003

  2. SpeedByrd PhD.

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "SpeedByrd PhD." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I notice 2 versions of this DVD on Amazon. The older one seems to
    > have more of the extras. Why a newer one?
    >
    > SpeedByrd PhD

    Try DVD Empire, and get more bang for your buck. Their NEW _Cabaret_
    is loaded with extras:

    Features:
    25th Anniversary Documentary Cabaret: A Legend In the Making
    Original Featurette The Recreation of an Era
    Kit Kat Klub Memory Gallery: The Film's Stars and Creators Reminisce
    About Making Movie Musical History
    Extensive Production Notes
    Interactive Menus
    Theatrical Trailer
    Scene Access
    Video: Widescreen 1.85:1 Color
    Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo [CC]
    Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
    Release Date: 8-19-2003
    Packaging: Snap Case
    Disc: SS-DL
    Chapters: 32
    Item Code: 27986
    UPC Code: 085392798629

    http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=00000159840721&item_id=537926&searchID=258281

    Compared to the new version, the OLD _Cabaret_ just doesn't measure up:

    Features: Interactive Menu
    Scene Access
    Production Notes
    Added Documentary Feartures!
    Video: Widescreen 1.78:1 Color
    Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Surround
    Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
    Release Date: 4-28-1998
    Packaging: Snap Case
    Disc: SS-SL
    Chapters: 32
    Item Code: 785
    UPC Code: 012569078529

    http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=00000159840721&item_id=528&searchID=258281
    Scot Gardner, Oct 16, 2003

  3. I thought this was the stuff on the ORIGINAL DVD issue. On Amazon, the version issued first seems to have
    more. Did they get them backwards?

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
  4. SpeedByrd PhD.

    Bil Gonzalez Guest

    They are identical (including the transfer) except for packaging. The new
    version is mistakenly labeled as anamorphic. It was an attempt to cash in
    on the release of "Chicago".

    -BG

    Bil Gonzalez, Oct 16, 2003
  5. On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:57:02 -0400, "Bil Gonzalez" <> wrote:

    >They are identical (including the transfer) except for packaging. The new
    >version is mistakenly labeled as anamorphic. It was an attempt to cash in
    >on the release of "Chicago".
    >
    >-BG
    >
    >"SpeedByrd PhD." <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I thought this was the stuff on the ORIGINAL DVD issue. On Amazon, the

    >version issued first seems to have
    >> more. Did they get them backwards?
    >>
    >> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:35:16 -0700, "Scot Gardner" <>

    >wrote:
    >>
    >> >"SpeedByrd PhD." <> wrote in message

    Exactly what I thought. Many thanks for saving me some $

    SpeedByrd PhD
    Dr. Speedbyrd :>, Oct 17, 2003