CA to offer free antivirus and firewall software to Windows users worldwide

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Kookaburra, Nov 19, 2003.

  1. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    COMDEX, Las Vegas, November 18, 2003 - Computer Associates
    International, Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today
    announced an offer to provide qualified Windows home computer users
    with a no-charge, one-year subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor
    antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.

    eTrust EZ Armor - the consumer version of CA's enterprise-class
    security technology - will dramatically improve the safety of
    individual home PC use, and greatly limit the proliferation of
    Internet threats.

    CA will aggressively promote this special offer as part of Microsoft's
    "Protect Your PC" campaign. A download link for eTrust EZ Armor is
    featured on the Protect Your PC site on Microsoft's Web site, located
    at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect.

    more:
    http://www3.ca.com/Press/pressrelease.asp?CID=52733

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Kookaburra

    samg Guest

    Kookaburra <> wrote in

    > COMDEX, Las Vegas, November 18, 2003 - Computer Associates
    > International, Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today
    > announced an offer to provide qualified Windows home computer users
    > with a no-charge, one-year subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor
    > antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.
    >
    > eTrust EZ Armor - the consumer version of CA's enterprise-class
    > security technology - will dramatically improve the safety of
    > individual home PC use, and greatly limit the proliferation of
    > Internet threats.
    >
    > CA will aggressively promote this special offer as part of Microsoft's
    > "Protect Your PC" campaign. A download link for eTrust EZ Armor is
    > featured on the Protect Your PC site on Microsoft's Web site, located
    > at:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect.
    >
    > more:
    > http://www3.ca.com/Press/pressrelease.asp?CID=52733
    >

    > Cheers, Kooky

    http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/learn_more.cfm

    sounds interesting. If anyone gives it ago let us know what its like
    (memory usage, any performance hits etc)

    samg, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Kookaburra

    Eagle Eye Guest

    "samg" <> wrote in message
    > Kookaburra <> wrote in
    >
    > > COMDEX, Las Vegas, November 18, 2003 - Computer Associates
    > > International, Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today
    > > announced an offer to provide qualified Windows home computer users
    > > with a no-charge, one-year subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor
    > > antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.
    > >
    > > eTrust EZ Armor - the consumer version of CA's enterprise-class
    > > security technology - will dramatically improve the safety of
    > > individual home PC use, and greatly limit the proliferation of
    > > Internet threats.
    > >
    > > CA will aggressively promote this special offer as part of Microsoft's
    > > "Protect Your PC" campaign. A download link for eTrust EZ Armor is
    > > featured on the Protect Your PC site on Microsoft's Web site, located
    > > at:
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect.
    > >
    > > more:
    > > http://www3.ca.com/Press/pressrelease.asp?CID=52733
    > >

    > > Cheers, Kooky

    > http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/learn_more.cfm
    >
    > sounds interesting. If anyone gives it ago let us know what its like
    > (memory usage, any performance hits etc)

    I use EZ Antivirus, it's quite good. Though it doesn't scan email
    automatically. The firewall component of the EZ Armor is simply Zonealarm
    rebranded, I think it's the ZA Plus version, but Zonealarm replaced with
    'Etrust' and when I tried it, I think the version was older than the ZA
    Plus. I think it was 3.x.xxx instead of 4.x.

    Eagle Eye, Nov 19, 2003
  4. On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:45:42 GMT, "Eagle Eye" <>
    proffered, in : news:bpf3kg$1mtrup$-berlin.de:

    > I use EZ Antivirus, it's quite good. Though it doesn't scan email
    > automatically.

    I use it in conjunction with Pegasus, and it does scan every email I
    open, catching suspicious attachments very quickly.

    --
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

    http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html

    Max Quordlepleen, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Kookaburra

    Eagle Eye Guest

    "Max Quordlepleen" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:45:42 GMT, "Eagle Eye" <>
    > proffered, in : news:bpf3kg$1mtrup$-berlin.de:
    >
    > > I use EZ Antivirus, it's quite good. Though it doesn't scan email
    > > automatically.

    > I use it in conjunction with Pegasus, and it does scan every email I
    > open, catching suspicious attachments very quickly.

    I know the email gets scanned when attachments are opened...I meant that the
    program doesn't automatically scan like it does in Norton.

    Eagle Eye, Nov 19, 2003
  6. Re: CA to offer NOT free antivirus and firewall software to Windows users worldwide

    Gregory Parker, Nov 19, 2003
  7. Kookaburra

    Jerry Guest

    Kookaburra wrote:

    > COMDEX, Las Vegas, November 18, 2003 - Computer Associates
    > International, Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today
    > announced an offer to provide qualified Windows home computer users
    > with a no-charge, one-year subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor
    > antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.

    Looks like nobody bothered to say ¨thanx¨ for the heads up.
    So here goes: Thanx kookie, I´ll look into it for my Win box.

    Was really gonna miss you considering your New Years resolution but you keep
    popping up :)

    Cheers,
    Jerry©

    Jerry, Nov 20, 2003
  8. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:00:34 +1300, Jerry <> wrote:

    >Looks like nobody bothered to say ¨thanx¨ for the heads up.
    >So here goes: Thanx kookie, I´ll look into it for my Win box.
    >
    >Was really gonna miss you considering your New Years resolution but you keep
    >popping up :)
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Jerry©

    That's me I never stick to my New Year resolutions. Only way I could
    have pulled this year's one off was too uninstall all my newsreaders.
    I did uninstall 2 of them. :eek:))

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Nov 20, 2003