    email response to my question. Of course the information they gave me
    was wrong. Anyone else have this problem?

    Sharon
    sharonf, Oct 30, 2007

  2. sharonf

    Guest

    sharonf <> wrote:

    >I have been using CA virus programs for years and have been quite happy
    >with them. However, I now find that their support is really going
    >downhill. A few weeks ago I submitted a support request to them because
    > when I started my computer I got a pop up message saying that
    >win32/Fledib.A has been deleted and another line stating that it is
    >infected. It says that it is in the file DefLib.sys which is in
    >C:\Windows\System32. However, when I did a search I couldn't find that
    >file on my computer and when I did a virus scan it said that no
    >infections were detected. I was finally able to get the problem solved
    >a few days later using their live web support....which I had trouble
    >even getting to. They try to sell you the phone support for $19.99.
    >Today, weeks after I submitted the request for help, I finally got an
    >email response to my question. Of course the information they gave me
    >was wrong. Anyone else have this problem?

    The program deleted the file, then you couldn't find it? Your blond!
    :)

    Google hints DefLib.sys is a rootkit, if so you wouldn't find it,
    unless you used a liveCD or a rootkit program:
    www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/RootkitRevealer.mspx

    --

    Whois May Be Scrapped to Break Deadlock
    http://www.physorg.com/news112893328.html

  3. sharonf

    VanguardLH Guest

    "sharonf" <> wrote in message
    >I have been using CA virus programs for years and have been quite
    >happy with them. However, I now find that their support is really
    >going downhill.

    It isn't going downhill. It's been there for decades. When we would
    hear that CA bought a competitor's product, we'd have a party in the
    lunchroom to celebrate that our sales would go up.
    VanguardLH, Oct 30, 2007
  4. sharonf

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:04:53 -0700, sharonf wrote:

    >I have been using CA virus programs for years and have been quite happy
    >with them. However, I now find that their support is really going

    Stopped using CA a while ago, it got to the point every 3rd or 4th boot
    the service failed to start and only fix was to reinstall. Let the
    subscription lapse and moved on to better product.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Oct 30, 2007
  5. sharonf

    dadiOH Guest

    sharonf wrote:
    > I have been using CA virus programs for years and have been quite
    > happy with them.

    To each their own. I stopped using it several years ago - about two
    years after it changed from free (different name) to paid. There are
    better free ones but I changed not for that reason but because they
    were too hard to deal with and unresponsive. Dump it and go get
    avast! (or AVG).

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Oct 30, 2007
  6. sharonf

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    VanguardLH added these comments in the current discussion du
    jour ...

    >>I have been using CA virus programs for years and have been
    >>quite happy with them. However, I now find that their support
    >>is really going downhill.

    > It isn't going downhill. It's been there for decades. When
    > we would hear that CA bought a competitor's product, we'd have
    > a party in the lunchroom to celebrate that our sales would go
    > up.

    Sounds like what happens to the many excellent apps mangled forever
    by Symantec and Corel when their founders sold out.

    --
    HP, aka Jerry
    HEMI-Powered, Oct 30, 2007
  7. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    wrote:
    > sharonf <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have been using CA virus programs for years and have been quite happy
    >> with them. However, I now find that their support is really going
    >> downhill. A few weeks ago I submitted a support request to them because
    >> when I started my computer I got a pop up message saying that
    >> win32/Fledib.A has been deleted and another line stating that it is
    >> infected. It says that it is in the file DefLib.sys which is in
    >> C:\Windows\System32. However, when I did a search I couldn't find that
    >> file on my computer and when I did a virus scan it said that no
    >> infections were detected. I was finally able to get the problem solved
    >> a few days later using their live web support....which I had trouble
    >> even getting to. They try to sell you the phone support for $19.99.
    >> Today, weeks after I submitted the request for help, I finally got an
    >> email response to my question. Of course the information they gave me
    >> was wrong. Anyone else have this problem?

    > The program deleted the file, then you couldn't find it? Your blond!

    Actually I am blond! However since the warning kept popping up and it
    seemed to indicate two instances of the file...one deleted and one
    infected I did a search for it anyway.

    sharonf, Oct 31, 2007
  8. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    VanguardLH wrote:
    > "sharonf" <> wrote in message
    >> I have been using CA virus programs for years and have been quite
    >> happy with them. However, I now find that their support is really
    >> going downhill.

    > It isn't going downhill. It's been there for decades. When we would
    > hear that CA bought a competitor's product, we'd have a party in the
    > lunchroom to celebrate that our sales would go up.

    Up until the last year they were pretty good about answering my
    questions. Now things are getting bad enough that I am thinking about
    changing to a different program.
    sharonf, Oct 31, 2007
  9. sharonf

    Guest

    sharonf <> wrote:

    >> The program deleted the file, then you couldn't find it? Your blond!

    >Actually I am blond! However since the warning kept popping up and it
    >seemed to indicate two instances of the file...one deleted and one
    >infected I did a search for it anyway.

    I'm blond as well and figured I could get away with that :)

    --

    BlueBalls
    http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/
  10. sharonf

    Plato Guest

    sharonf wrote:

    > I have been using CA virus programs for years and have been quite happy
    > with them. However, I now find that their support is really going
    > downhill. A few weeks ago I submitted a support request to them because

    Time to start using a free, totally effective, free anti-virus app.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Oct 31, 2007
  11. sharonf

    Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > >Actually I am blond! However since the warning kept popping up and it
    > >seemed to indicate two instances of the file...one deleted and one
    > >infected I did a search for it anyway.

    > I'm blond as well and figured I could get away with that :)

    I was blond until the last 9 months, then I started to lose my hair and
    the rest of it turned grey.

    Stress is a killer.
    Plato, Oct 31, 2007
  12. Plato wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> >Actually I am blond! However since the warning kept popping up and it
    >> >seemed to indicate two instances of the file...one deleted and one
    >> >infected I did a search for it anyway.

    >> I'm blond as well and figured I could get away with that :)

    > I was blond until the last 9 months, then I started to lose my hair and
    > the rest of it turned grey.

    Damn!

    > Stress is a killer.

    The shit's been going on for a while.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 31, 2007
  13. sharonf

    Jim McCardle Guest

    Re: CA support going downhill fast!

    I have used Vet for many years, infact I personally knew Roger Riordan
    The creator of VET. He is a very nice chap. I used to resell VET as
    a computer reseller because I really believed in the product and it
    worked very well.
    I am very dissapointed with the latest offering the 4 in 1 internet
    security/spyware/antivirus/firewall product.

    Nearly every time I rebooted I saw a red indicator on the security
    shield icon. Upon investigation I found the the anti virus part of
    the program had shit itself and needed re-installation. I put up with
    this for several weeks and then thought Is It really going to give me
    any protection at all. Like who in their right mind would take
    medicine with a home shelf life of several hours, NO-ONE!.

    I contacted their support line explained I was a reseller and was
    there a cure for this problem. The support Tech told me to just
    re-install it again. I explained that I had done this for the
    umpteenth time and I was losing faith in it. I finally though thats
    it.

    I changed to NOD32 and it has been faultless and is quick. Its user
    interface is not quite as smooth as CA-Etrust is but it works and is
    reliable. I do not sell it at all now as I do not have any faith in
    it now. I have found that its spyware detection seems to work but
    Spybot 1.5 still seems to find more spyware. I am dissapointed with
    its firewall, I really would like to see a suggested and commented
    config file for the firewall. I have a customer who has to turn off
    the firewall to receive email via OUTLOOK. I had made sure that
    outlook, outlook express were given rights and permission to both
    access the internet and send/receive emails. The replies that they
    got from tech support were quite difficult for a non-literate computer
    user to comprehend.

    It is trully a pity!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jim McCardle

    Jim McCardle, Nov 1, 2007