    to the WAN Side.

    Thank you.

    Andy

    Andreas Heinzelmann, Oct 29, 2007

  2. "Andreas Heinzelmann" <> wrote in
    news:fg49ur$84p$:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > a quick question about PPPoE. How do I configure a reconnect on a C871
    > if the line is terminated by the ISP? The router needs to be always
    > available to the WAN Side.

    Search for the option "dial-on-demand" in your config and delete it....

    Gruß,
    Carsten

    --
    (Bei eMail-Kontakt: Bitte "USENET" im Betreff mit angeben.
    For emails: Please put 'USENET' somewhere in the subject.)

    Carsten Schneider, Oct 29, 2007

  3. Andreas Heinzelmann

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Oct 29, 2007
  4. ">> Hi there,

    >> a quick question about PPPoE. How do I configure a reconnect on a C871
    >> if the line is terminated by the ISP? The router needs to be always
    >> available to the WAN Side.
    >>

    > Search for the option "dial-on-demand" in your config and delete it....

    And thats about it? If the ISP cuts the line the Box will automaticly
    reastablish the connection? Is this the IOS-default?
    Thanx for your help!

    Andreas Heinzelmann, Oct 29, 2007
  5. "Andreas Heinzelmann" <> wrote in news:fg4g8r$kr8$1
    @news.albasani.net:

    > And thats about it? If the ISP cuts the line the Box will automaticly
    > reastablish the connection? Is this the IOS-default?
    > Thanx for your help!

    It works for my 871 and a german Telekom-ADSL line...

    Regards,
    Carsten

    Carsten Schneider, Oct 29, 2007
  6. Andreas Heinzelmann

    Merv Guest

    you could try the command "clear interface dialer x" where x is you
    dialer interface

    to see if the PPOE session is re-established

    Merv, Oct 29, 2007
  7. Carsten Schneider <> wrote in

    > It works for my 871 and a german Telekom-ADSL line...

    PS: In this situation my router is offline for about 3 secondes...

    Regards,
    Carsten

    Carsten Schneider, Oct 29, 2007

  8. > "Andreas Heinzelmann" <> wrote in news:fg4g8r$kr8$1
    > @news.albasani.net:
    >
    >> And thats about it? If the ISP cuts the line the Box will automaticly
    >> reastablish the connection? Is this the IOS-default?
    >> Thanx for your help!

    > It works for my 871 and a german Telekom-ADSL line...

    Well, I will try as soon as I am at the box. But I have another question. Do
    I have to do Anything on the Firewall to access the Router from the WAN
    Interface. I would like to be able to ssh and SDM (via https) the Box from
    remote.

    Thanks...Andy

    Andreas Heinzelmann, Oct 29, 2007