    Do I need to configure anything?

    Best regards
    Martin

    Martin, Dec 10, 2007

  2. Martin

    Chad Mahoney Guest

    Martin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have two old swithces (HP) and an fiber cable between.
    >
    > It works but now I want to replace them with two new WS-C2960G-48TC-L
    > and two GLC-SX-MM.
    >
    > All I have done is assembling the hardware and fiber.
    > But it has no connectivity. No link light.
    >
    > Do I need to configure anything?
    >

    > Best regards
    > Martin

    No shut

    on the interface?

    Chad Mahoney, Dec 10, 2007

  3. Martin

    Thrill5 Guest

    The SFP ports on the 2960 only do gigabit Ethernet (they are not 10/100/1000
    ports). They won't come up unless the HP ports you are connecting them to
    are also gigabit ports.

    If they are gigabit ports, have you tried swapping the fibers on one end?

    Thrill5, Dec 10, 2007
  4. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Chad Mahoney skrev:
    > Martin wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have two old swithces (HP) and an fiber cable between.
    >>
    >> It works but now I want to replace them with two new WS-C2960G-48TC-L
    >> and two GLC-SX-MM.
    >>
    >> All I have done is assembling the hardware and fiber.
    >> But it has no connectivity. No link light.
    >>
    >> Do I need to configure anything?
    >>

    >> Best regards
    >> Martin

    > No shut
    >
    > on the interface?

    this is the intercafe:

    interface GigabitEthernet0/48
    description VLAN11
    switchport access vlan 11
    switchport mode access

    anything wrong?

    Martin, Dec 10, 2007
  5. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Thrill5 skrev:
    > The SFP ports on the 2960 only do gigabit Ethernet (they are not 10/100/1000
    > ports). They won't come up unless the HP ports you are connecting them to
    > are also gigabit ports.
    >
    > If they are gigabit ports, have you tried swapping the fibers on one end?
    >
    > "Martin" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have two old swithces (HP) and an fiber cable between.
    >>
    >> It works but now I want to replace them with two new WS-C2960G-48TC-L and
    >> two GLC-SX-MM.
    >>
    >> All I have done is assembling the hardware and fiber.
    >> But it has no connectivity. No link light.
    >>
    >> Do I need to configure anything?
    >>

    >> Best regards
    >> Martin

    I have one c2960 in booth ends... not old equipment.

    Best regards
    Martin

    Martin, Dec 10, 2007
  6. Martin

    Peter Guest

    Hi Martin,

    > interface GigabitEthernet0/48
    > description VLAN11
    > switchport access vlan 11
    > switchport mode access
    >
    > anything wrong?

    Nothing obvious there. How about a "sh int gi0/46" from BOTH ends...

    Cheers...................pk.

    --
    Peter from Auckland.

    Peter, Dec 11, 2007
  7. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Martin skrev:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have two old swithces (HP) and an fiber cable between.
    >
    > It works but now I want to replace them with two new WS-C2960G-48TC-L
    > and two GLC-SX-MM.
    >
    > All I have done is assembling the hardware and fiber.
    > But it has no connectivity. No link light.
    >
    > Do I need to configure anything?
    >

    > Best regards
    > Martin

    Found the error. receive and transmit on the fiber was inverted.
    Transmit <----> transmit and receive <---> receive.

    Best regards
    Martin

    Martin, Dec 13, 2007