    thank You
    regards
    Bart
    Bart, Jan 17, 2010

  2. Bart

    Uli Link Guest

    Bart schrieb:
    > Hello
    >
    > Can i get layer 2 port on my c2801?
    >
    > I have flash:c2801-adventerprisek9-mz.124-17.bin and i can't configure
    > int vlan, on fa0/0 i don't have switchport, switchport mode access.. etc
    > I just don't have this options..
    >
    > There is problem with ios version or something else ?

    on routed (a.k.a Layer3 ports)

    for VLAN100:

    interface Fa0/0.100
    encapsulation dot1q 100

    ULi
    Uli Link, Jan 17, 2010

  3. Bart

    bod43 Guest

    On 17 Jan, 14:22, Bart <> wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Can i get layer 2 port on my c2801?
    >
    > I have flash:c2801-adventerprisek9-mz.124-17.bin and i can't configure
    > int vlan, on fa0/0 i don't have switchport, switchport mode access.. etc
    > I just don't have this options..
    >
    > There is problem with ios version or something else ?

    Other then ONE layer two port making no sense,
    yes you can:)

    These commands are not supported on router ports.

    You can get equivalent functionality by bridging.

    e.g.

    bridge 1 protocol ieee

    int fa0/0
    no ip address
    bridge-group 1

    int fa0/1
    no ip address
    bridge-group 1

    The above is equivalent to
    int fa 0/0
    sw mode access

    int fa 0/1
    sw mode access

    on a switch.

    ####

    If you want an SVI equivalent (vlan interface) it looks
    like this.

    bridge irb
    bridge 1 protocol ieee
    bridge 1 route ip
    ! if you get error messages with the above
    ! repeat the commands. they are order sensitive and I
    ! always forget the order.

    int fa0/0
    no ip address
    bridge-group 1

    int fa0/1
    no ip address
    bridge-group 1

    int bvi 1
    ip address x.x.x.x

    ! You will of course need some no shuts with the above.

    You can also trunk with sub interfaces as indicated
    bu Uli Link.
    bod43, Jan 18, 2010
  4. Bart

    Uli Link Guest

    Bart schrieb:

    > There is diffrenece between this routers in this subject?

    Fa0/0/3 is a port on a module ==> L2 port by default
    Fa0/0 is a integrated port ==> L3 or routed port default

    --
    ULi
    Uli Link, Jan 18, 2010
  5. Bart

    bod43 Guest

    On 18 Jan, 10:11, Uli Link <>
    wrote:
    > Bart schrieb:
    >
    > > There is diffrenece between this routers in this subject?

    > Fa0/0/3 is a port on a module ==> L2 port by default

    This applies only to the "switch" modules.

    e.g. HWIC-4ESW, HWIC-D-9ESW
    there are as I recall 16 port and 32 port modules too.

    Routed modules
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...nt_interfaces_and_modules.html#ethernetrouted

    Switch modules
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html#esm