  1. I'm going to be shooting a lot more RAW with a 1D and I need fast software.
    Is it with the $250.00 for the C1 SE? Any other choices? I don't even have
    Photoshop CS yet (using Elements 2.0).
    this old user, Jun 15, 2004

  2. this old user

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "this old user"

    >I'm going to be shooting a lot more RAW with a 1D and I need fast software.
    >Is it with the $250.00 for the C1 SE? Any other choices? I don't even have
    >Photoshop CS yet (using Elements 2.0).

    I have a 1Ds (11 Mpixel dSLR) and also have Photoshop CS, which has a built-in
    RAW converter for this body. Also have the Canon FVU of course, and have tried
    BreezeBrowser.

    I evaluated C1 carefully (since you can download various trial versions good
    for 60 days total to really check it out) and ended up gladly paying $249 for
    the SE version even though I have two "free" converters already (CS and FVU).
    There's no doubt that for my images I was getting better conversions with it
    and the workflow is much better than anything else I've used now that I'm used
    to it ... YMMV but check it out carefully and decide for yourself.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Jun 16, 2004

  3. this old user

    [BnH] Guest

    IMO .. is quite worth the $$.
    I've been testing the C1 Pro s/ware and its processing algorithm is much
    faster than Adobe PS CS
    [which has raw converter for your cam too]

    But SE is more limited than the Pro [per colour RGB tuning n a few more] ..
    so you might want to test it out first.

    =bob=

    [BnH], Jun 16, 2004
  4. this old user

    Paul Cassel Guest

    this old user wrote:
    > I'm going to be shooting a lot more RAW with a 1D and I need fast
    > software. Is it with the $250.00 for the C1 SE? Any other choices? I
    > don't even have Photoshop CS yet (using Elements 2.0).

    *IF* you're going to get CS anyway, then try the RAW converter there first
    and see if it works ok for you. Then eval the C1 converter and compare. For
    me the CS converter does the trick, but I dont' make my living at this.

    -paul
    Paul Cassel, Jun 16, 2004