    Guest Guest

    please tell me how to add a class to a project.thanx in
    advance.

    Guest, Feb 7, 2004

  2. right click on the project name in the solution explorer and select Add and
    then select Add Class.

    Ken Onweller \(.NET MCSD\), Feb 8, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    hi,
    i did the same but i am getting errors. my project
    is ....
    using System;
    using System.Windows.Forms;

    namespace MyForm {
    public class CreatedForm :
    System.Windows.Forms.Form
    {
    private System.Windows.Forms.TextBox
    txtvendorname;
    public CreatedForm()
    {
    InitializeComponent();
    }

    // THIS METHOD IS MAINTAINED BY THE FORM
    DESIGNER
    // DO NOT EDIT IT MANUALLY! YOUR CHANGES
    ARE LIKELY TO BE LOST
    void InitializeComponent() {
    this.txtvendorname = new
    System.Windows.Forms.TextBox();
    this.SuspendLayout();
    //
    // txtvendorname
    //
    this.txtvendorname.Location = new
    System.Drawing.Point(48, 24);
    this.txtvendorname.Name
    = "txtvendorname";
    this.txtvendorname.Size = new
    System.Drawing.Size(176, 20);
    this.txtvendorname.TabIndex = 0;
    this.txtvendorname.Text = "";
    //
    // CreatedForm
    //
    this.AutoScaleBaseSize = new
    System.Drawing.Size(5, 13);
    this.ClientSize = new
    System.Drawing.Size(292, 266);
    this.Controls.Add
    (this.txtvendorname);
    this.Name = "CreatedForm";
    this.Load += new
    System.EventHandler(this.CreatedFormLoad);
    this.ResumeLayout(false);
    }
    //Vendor avendors = new Vendor[3];
    private void CreatedFormLoad(object
    sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {
    Vendor avendors = new Vendor[3];
    avendors[0] = new Venor
    ("Microsoft");
    avendors[1] = new Venor
    ("Rational");
    avendors[2] = new Venor("Premia");
    txtvendorname.DataBindings.Add
    ("Text",avendors,"Vendorname");
    }
    static void Main()
    {
    Application.Run(new CreatedForm
    ());
    }

    }
    }
    for this project i added this class
    using System;

    namespace _316c05
    {

    public class Vendor
    {
    private string vendorName;
    public string VendorName
    {
    get
    {
    return vendorName;
    }
    set
    {
    vendorName = value;
    }
    }
    public Vendor(string strVendorName)
    {
    this.VendorName = strVendorName;
    }
    }
    }
    when i run the projet i will get these errors:
    [C# Error] WinForm.cs(89): The type or namespace
    name 'Vendor' could not be found (are you missing a using
    directive or an assembly reference?)
    [C# Error] WinForm.cs(90): The name 'avendors' does not
    exist in the class or namespace 's1.WinForm'
    [C# Error] WinForm.cs(91): The name 'avendors' does not
    exist in the class or namespace 's1.WinForm'
    [C# Error] WinForm.cs(92): The name 'avendors' does not
    exist in the class or namespace 's1.WinForm'
    [C# Error] WinForm.cs(93): The name 'avendors' does not
[...]
    [C# Fatal Error] Unexpected error creating debug
    information file 'c:\Documents and Settings\Vini\My
    Documents\Borland Studio Projects\s1\bin\Debug\s1.PDB' --
    'c:\Documents and Settings\Vini\My Documents\Borland
    Studio Projects\s1\bin\Debug\s1.pdb: The process cannot
    access the file because it is being used by another
    process.
[...]

    THANX IN ADVANCE.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Looking thru your code I noticed that your main form is defined thus:

    MyForm.CreatedForm

    Whereas, the class you wish to use is defined:

    _316c05.Vendor

    When you try to instantiate _316c05.Vendor from MyForm.CreatedForm you are
    getting this error:

    The type or namespace name 'Vendor' could not be found (are you missing a
    using
    directive or an assembly reference?)

    In .NET your class is defined not just with the classname, but also with the
    name of the namespace
    containing it. You have your Form and your Class defined in two separate
    namespaces (MyForm
    and _316c05). So to solve your problem you could either put both files into
    the same namespace [1];
    add a using clause to MyForm, referencing the class's namespace [2]; or, you
    can explicitly reference
    Vendor from CreatedForm using the namespace.classname syntax[3].

    [1]

    change:

    namespace _316c05
    {
    public class Vendor

    to:

    namespace MyForm
    {
    public class Vendor

    [2]

    change:

    namespace MyForm
    {
    public class CreatedForm : System.Windows.Forms.Form
    {

    to:

    namespace MyForm
    {
    using _316c05;

    public class CreatedForm : System.Windows.Forms.Form
    {

    [3]

    change:

    private void CreatedFormLoad(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {
    Vendor avendors = new Vendor[3];

    to:

    private void CreatedFormLoad(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {
    _316c05.Vendor avendors = new _316c05.Vendor[3];

    Hope this helps...

    Ken Onweller \(.NET MCSD\), Feb 9, 2004
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest