    sehar Guest

    Is there any C Sharp core language ceritification exam offered by microsoft?
    (Similar to sun certified java programmer)

    sehar, Mar 1, 2007

  2. Hi Sehar - We do not have language specific certifications. This is done
    intentionally for 2 primary reasons (from my perspective).

    1 - Knowing a language doesn't really say anything about a person's ability
    to perform actual programming tasks. In my career, I have interviewed more
    people than I can count who *knew* C++ because they had written a few command
    line programs in college. Rather than validating language skills in
    certification, we decided to start by validating basic .NET Framework skills.

    2 - In the Java world, there's the luxury of having the framework and the
    language much more intertwined than in the case of the .NET Framework - and
    because we are committed to not favouring 1 language over another, doing a
    "core language" exam/cert would require that we create 3 (C#, VB.NET, C++).
    Again, we made the decision that we were better off testing core .NET
    Framework skills and allowing you to validate those skills in the language of
    your choice.

    --
    Howard Dierking
    Product Planner, Developer and Database Certifications

    howard dierking [MSFT], Mar 10, 2007