    How much of the exam will rely on memorization? How much will be from
    programming skill? How do they measure my programming ability from one
    exam?

    Vanessa BJ, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Vanessa BJ

    Ron Vecchi Guest

    Wow amazing, a fello carpenter also tring to make the career change.

    Look into MCAD and MCSD http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/
    For exam preparation check out http://www.measureup.com they have some
    pretty good test preparatino exams.

    MCAD (Microsoft Certified Application Developer) is a total of three exams.
    MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer) extends the MCAD
    certification with two more exams for a total of 5.

    A good place to take the exams at are any one of the several NewHorizons
    learning centers. about $120.00 a pop.
    http://www.newhorizons.com/retail/English/certifications/microsoft/index.asp

    Also checkout the MCAD newsgroup microsoft.Public.cert.exam.mcad or
    microsoft.Public.cert.exam.mcsd
    I'm in the middle of my MCAD. total of three exams. with two more to go.
    The newsgroups and many many books have help a great deal.

    Good luck in your career change. In these economicly uncertain times
    you're going to ned it.
    Ron
    "Vanessa BJ" <> wrote in message
    > Hi. I am an amateur C# enthusiast. I currently work as a carpenter
    > and I moonlight on the weekends as a photographer. I'm trying to
    > transition a career change.
    >
    > Is there an exam that leads to certification in C# like there is with

    Java?

    Ron Vecchi, Oct 8, 2003

  3. http://www.microsoft.com/traincert

    Look at MCAD and MCSD.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 8, 2003
  4. I am a programmer. There couldn't be a more boring and unfulfilling
    profession. I would rather be a carpenter.

    Leslie Gossett, Oct 8, 2003
  5. Vanessa BJ

    Ron Vecchi Guest

    Let's trade

    Ron Vecchi, Oct 8, 2003
  6. No thanks. I plan to retire early and slave over a hot lathe at my leasure!

    Leslie Gossett, Oct 8, 2003
  7. "Leslie Gossett" <> wrote in message
    > No thanks. I plan to retire early and slave over a hot lathe at my

    leasure!

    Now that sounds like a plan I could also live with.

    Wayne M Jackson, Oct 9, 2003
  8. (Vanessa BJ) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi. I am an amateur C# enthusiast. I currently work as a carpenter
    > and I moonlight on the weekends as a photographer. I'm trying to
    > transition a career change.
    >
    > Is there an exam that leads to certification in C# like there is with Java?
    >
    > How much of the exam will rely on memorization? How much will be from
    > programming skill? How do they measure my programming ability from one
    > exam?

    What the hell does this have to do with 35mm photo equipment?

    Michael Scarpitti, Oct 9, 2003
  9. Vanessa BJ

    Greg O Guest

    "Michael Scarpitti" <> wrote in message

    > What the hell does this have to do with 35mm photo equipment?

    Nothing!
    The origanal post is cost posted to hell and back and so it continues on!
    Greg

    Greg O, Oct 9, 2003