c# or vb.net? need help

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Thakkar, Mar 14, 2005.

  1. Thakkar

    Thakkar Guest

    Hi all,

    Those who have already cleared exams, Congratulations.
    Those who have not yet appeared for exams, Best of Luck!

    Can anyone suggest me which language should i choose to
    give MCAD exams and whether i should go for Desktop or
    Web application?

    choice 1: C# with web development
    Xml services
    SQL server
    choice 2: vb with windows developement
    Xml services
    SQL server
    I would really appreciate if anyone can provide me
    suggestions with respect to job market demand.

    Thank You in advance,
    Thakkar

    Thakkar, Mar 14, 2005

  2. Thakkar

    Iván Guest

    Definately I would choose number one.
    If you have to study in any case because you don't know any of the
    languages, I think it is better to study C#. Visual Basic is, in my
    opininon, a language created for people that where not programmers, and it
    has been being updated to match day to day requirements. C# is much more
    similar to the rest programming languages, so you will have a wider vision
    (I think)
    If we talk about Windows or web development, I choose option one also. Web
    development is more "standard" to the eyes of the clients your application
    could support. You could have UNIX, LINUX, Mac clients...

    Anyway, it depends if you need this or that thing to make a decision,
    because if you need to develop a Windows application or you already knew
    Visual Basic, then my opinion would be worthless in your case.

    Iván.

    Iván, Mar 14, 2005

  3. Thakkar

    Joseph MCAD Guest

    March 14, 2005

    I would definitely pick VB. Not only is it more
    eligible and has better Intellisense, most jobs tend to
    be in VB. I would also take 70-306 instead of 70-305. I
    personally left out the SQL Server and took both 70-305
    and 70-306 with 70-310. This has given me a solid
    developing platform with which I can apply for almost any
    job. I am now taking 70-330 (Implementing Security For
    Applications) which, with 70-300, will solidify my skills
    for any developmental task in any job. If you take the
    SQL Server as your elective, then 70-330 will not count
    for the MCSD as it will be an elective too. I wish you
    luck!

    Joseph MCAD

    Joseph MCAD, Mar 14, 2005
  4. Thakkar

    Iván Guest

    See... everybody has a different opinion ;)
    Good luck choosing and taking the exam.

    Iván, Mar 14, 2005
  5. Thakkar

    Guest Guest

    Thank you very much for your suggestions.

    I really appreciate your help.

    Best of Luck

    Guest, Mar 15, 2005
  6. Thakkar

    Reddy Guest

    Did you take exam 70-330? I started preparing for MCAD track and
    planning to take first 70-340 exam. Just started reading today onwards.
    I bought micorosoft Press book and transcender test papers. Do you
    suggest anything on this? i have been working on .net more than a
    year..I would appricate your help

    Reddy

    Reddy, Apr 3, 2005