    whether to take Web App Dev or Windows App Dev first?

    Thanks
    Ivor
    Ivor, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Ivor

    Guest Guest

    As far as which language is more marketable, just go to a UK based job
    posting site and see how many hits you get for VB.NET vs. C#. There are also
    firms like Gartnew who do trend analysis on the usage of various IT
    products. As far as web applications development vs. windows, you only need
    to focus on one track to get your certification. Which do you love doing
    most? To be successful, your career must be exciting enough to get you out
    of bed early every morning.

    WKidd

    Guest, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Hi WKidd,

    I think you meant "...you only need to focus on one track..." in reference
    to VB vs. C# since both Windows and Web topics are required for the exams.
    Also, it's possible to take exams in a mix of languages - the exam topics
    are the same, it's only the code examples that differ between exams.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Ivor

    Ivor Guest

    Thanks for that, the Gartner site is v interesting (however, most of
    the reports were chargeable c.$95).
    Useful all the same.
    Ivor
    Yes, Cindy, picked up your comment as well.

    Ivor, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Ivor

    Guest Guest

    Visual Studio Magazine occasionally covers the topic of VB.NET vs. C#. They
    have a large amount of non-subscription articles online:

    http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/2003_11/magazine/departments/letters/default.as
    px
    http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/2003_07/magazine/departments/ednote/
    http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/2003_06/magazine/features/salarysurvey/default_
    pf.aspx

    WKidd

    Guest, Aug 19, 2004
  6. Ivor

    Eric Guest

    Re: C#.Net or VisualBasic.Net

    Ivor wrote:

    > Could anyone give a brief reccomendation one way or another as to
    > which path to choose (C# or VB)?
    >
    > I've studied Java to some depth and have experience programming ASP
    > with VBScript and Access, but may main priority is too improve my
    > employability in the UK. I've no experience of Visual
    > Studio/Interdev.

    Your experience with VB is non-OOP in nature, and your experience with
    Java is very much OOP-oriented.

    With this logic, C# might be a better fit for you since both VB.NET and
    C# are heavy into OOP.

    Eric
    Eric, Aug 19, 2004
  7. >To be successful, your career must be exciting enough to get you out
    >of bed early every morning.

    .... and enable you to retire at fifty (or earlier).

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 22, 2004
  8. >the exam topics
    >are the same, it's only the code examples that differ between exams.

    which is mad!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 22, 2004
  9. >but may main priority is too improve my
    >employability in the UK

    what business knowledge do you have? Companies that are worth their
    salt would appreciate a good understand of their business sector in
    preference to the coding tools a person has or has nor used.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 22, 2004