    If so what kind of time frame is it for the introduction?

    Cheers,
    Matt.

    Matt Garner, Mar 4, 2004

  2. >Are there any plans by Microsoft to introduce a C++.Net
    >section to the exam instead of having to use VB or C#.

    Unfortunately not.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Matt Garner

    me Guest

    due to the fact that vc++ isnt really a web-app friendly
    language, they will not be introducing a c++ cert path.
    However, if you are more comfortable with c++ study with
    c# the syntax is almost identical and will come very
    easily to you.

    more

    me, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Matt Garner

    Eric Guest

    me wrote:

    > due to the fact that vc++ isnt really a web-app friendly
    > language, they will not be introducing a c++ cert path.
    > However, if you are more comfortable with c++ study with
    > c# the syntax is almost identical and will come very
    > easily to you.

    I disagree with this assessment that C++ isn't web-friendly. I'm quite
    sure that Internet Explorer is coded in C++, and most low-level
    protocol drivers, routers, etc probably use C++. And I think over half
    of today's web-servers are using some flavor of unix (probably with C++
    used to some extent).

    But I agree that C# is similar to C++ in many ways.

    The main advantage you get in using VC++ with .NET is that you can
    write both managed code and unmanaged code. This can be seen as a
    blessing or a curse depending on your point of view.

    A responsible programmer using modern VC++ can do some great things.
    But there's no safety harness. Companies like safety harnesses, and I
    think that's why C# has quickly moved ahead of C++ in the .NET world.

    Eric

    Eric, Mar 5, 2004