C++ for .NET

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by MK, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. MK

    MK Guest

    A long, long time ago (pre mcp-beta stage), VC++.Net
    exams appeared in the FAQ, as appearing 'shortly'.
    Its far beyond 12 months after the beta MCPs at this
    stage, the VC++.Net references in the FAQs have been
    removed a long time ago and there's still no sign.
    Most likely there'll be the usual flaming responses about
    which language is best. Sadly the fact that VC++.Net is
    the only .Net language that allows true managed/unmanaged
    development (other than COM interop workarounds) is
    irrelevant to most of these respondents, as is the fact
    that VC++.Net is still the best way to produce the
    fastest code.
    In any event, C# is still a great new language and well
    worth investigating. I do wonder where M$ strategy is
    heading, particularly when I hear more languages on the
    way (X#, F#, ad nauseum) and a blank response to all C++
    related queries. I wonder would anyone from microsoft
    consider enlightening us?

    MK
    MCSD 6.0/MCSD.Net/MCDBA

    MK, Jul 23, 2003