C++ errors, Microsoft update, and install pop ups... help!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by theworld_tsukasa@hotmail.com, Jul 17, 2006.

  1. Guest

    ok first off i got this computer a few weeks ago refurbed and ive been
    having problems since well day 2. So lets begin at the beginning,
    first my tv tuner card quites on me, after a day of tinkering, i call
    up customer support and basically they tell me to reformate, i do and
    it works(real fun having to transfer files again) again, for about a
    day again, so i post on a different board here and get a guy to help me
    out, heres the url if you want to see it
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...735b5/9e1f12a5ec157efb?hl=en#9e1f12a5ec157efb
    some were along the line something i did screwed up something because
    know when starting a few programs like, media center, during microsoft
    update i get a c++ error asking me to terminate the program. It wont
    let me use microsoft update! The second prob i have is everytime i boot
    up the computer i get installation pop ups and they ask me for a disk
    or something, on of them is called trayApp, and the other is a
    patch(the patch i believe started after i installed my printer, had to
    do it manually cause when i put disk in it said i already had a better
    version installed)

    If anyone knows a way i can fix these it would be much appreciated, thx!
    , Jul 17, 2006

  2. First, if this is a 64bit system - make sure you install your OS with as few
    external devices as possible. This means remove everything that isn't
    necessary for the system to run stable. (i.e.- the TV Tuner Card, USB a. s.
    o.).

    Next, there is no 64bit MCE to my knowledge and you will not be able to use
    drivers from one environment in the other, HardWare that is to be accessed
    in a 64bit environment must use 64bit drivers - and if this is a Vista
    question any driver you use, in addition, must be WHQL certified! After your
    system is running you can search out all of that sort (if it exists?) and
    add it a step at a time.

    As the answer at the end of your link says: more info would be nice!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 17, 2006

  3. Guest

    Well my im not sure wether im running on 32 bit or 64 bit, i just
    guessed 64 bit cause i have a 64bit processor, on the side of info what
    would you like to know?
    , Jul 17, 2006
  4. O.K. - generally, when you have a question that concerns things that are not
    standard (like IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM drives and IDE Hard drives are - things that
    most everybody has) you would be wise to describe your system in some
    fashion:

    CPU;OS; HD's; Memory;PSU (depending on the type of question, of course)

    typically the stuff that is listed in the add when you get interested to buy
    something.

    Assuming you have MCE as your only OS, you would probably learn more from a
    different group. This group concerns typical user management of 64bit
    Windows OS's and I don't seem to recognise your problems from the crop we
    get to see here.

    Actually, most systems sold today are probably 64bit capable, but few come
    with a 64bit Operating System. If you click your start button and click the
    'Run. . .' menu item and type 'winver' in the textbox, we should know what
    it is you are running.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 17, 2006
  5. Guest

    Tony Sperling wrote:
    > O.K. - generally, when you have a question that concerns things that are not
    > standard (like IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM drives and IDE Hard drives are - things that
    > most everybody has) you would be wise to describe your system in some
    > fashion:
    >
    > CPU;OS; HD's; Memory;PSU (depending on the type of question, of course)
    >
    > typically the stuff that is listed in the add when you get interested to buy
    > something.
    >
    > Assuming you have MCE as your only OS, you would probably learn more from a
    > different group. This group concerns typical user management of 64bit
    > Windows OS's and I don't seem to recognise your problems from the crop we
    > get to see here.
    >
    > Actually, most systems sold today are probably 64bit capable, but few come
    > with a 64bit Operating System. If you click your start button and click the
    > 'Run. . .' menu item and type 'winver' in the textbox, we should know what
    > it is you are running.

    CPU : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 1989 MHz
    Proccessor speed: 2 x 2.2 ghz
    RAM:1gb ddr sdram
    HDD:250gb 7200rpm
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build
    2600)
    Graphics card:ATI radeon express 200 128mp shared
    Optical drive: 16x dvd+/-rw dual layer with lightscribe

    got more if you need it
    , Jul 17, 2006
  6. Yes, you should try our neighboring community (ies):

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

    that should have you smiling again.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 17, 2006
  7. Guest