C drive free space disappear at 0.1M/Second

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kelly, Mar 25, 2008.

  1. kelly

    kelly Guest

    Dear all

    My computer has very abnormal situation these days. The free space
    used to be 22.4G is disappearing at 0.1M/Second when connecting with
    internet, which means it will be full in hours. Symantec said there
    were virus but it can not clear them. It reported as
    Downloader.Trojan. I also downloaded other anti-virus software, but
    not work.

    I scanned the disk at safe mode by symantec, but it did not find any.

    Currently, the clear disk tool can not clear as before. at the first
    time i found this virus, clear disk can clear all and the free space
    can return to 22.4G. But now, it can only clear 7G.

    Does anyone encounter this before? i have no idea what kind of virus
    it can be.
    The OS is Windows XP Professional Ver 2002 Service Pack2.
    i notice that the size of C:\Windows is very huge(24G) but the files
    inside added up to 7G.

    ~_~
    kelly, Mar 25, 2008

  2. kelly

    Guest

    kelly <> wrote:

    >Dear all
    >
    >My computer has very abnormal situation these days. The free space
    >used to be 22.4G is disappearing at 0.1M/Second when connecting with
    >internet, which means it will be full in hours. Symantec said there
    >were virus but it can not clear them. It reported as
    >Downloader.Trojan. I also downloaded other anti-virus software, but
    >not work.
    >
    >I scanned the disk at safe mode by symantec, but it did not find any.
    >
    >Currently, the clear disk tool can not clear as before. at the first
    >time i found this virus, clear disk can clear all and the free space
    >can return to 22.4G. But now, it can only clear 7G.
    >
    >Does anyone encounter this before? i have no idea what kind of virus
    >it can be.
    >The OS is Windows XP Professional Ver 2002 Service Pack2.
    >i notice that the size of C:\Windows is very huge(24G) but the files
    >inside added up to 7G.

    A log file can cause this, but you need to find the file to know what
    to do.

    Download Treesize http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml

    It allows multiple instances, meaning you run treesize on your HD, set
    it aside, wait a bit and run another treesize on the drive.

    Now between the two you will be able to find what directory/file has
    increased.

    --

    Scientists strap camera to elephant's trunk and send it out in the jungle.
    http://tinyurl.com/25e8e4

  3. kelly

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:18:09 -0700, kelly wrote:

    > My computer has very abnormal situation these days. The free space
    > used to be 22.4G is disappearing at 0.1M/Second when connecting with
    > internet, which means it will be full in hours. Symantec said there
    > were virus but it can not clear them. It reported as
    > Downloader.Trojan. I also downloaded other anti-virus software, but
    > not work.

    HAR!!! LOL!!! Goddam, it sucks to be a Windoze user, doesn't it?

    Get a clue.

    Dan C, Mar 25, 2008
  4. kelly

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:59:49 -0500, Dan **** wrote:

    BWaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Mar 25, 2008
  5. kelly

    kelly Guest

    On Mar 25, 10:47 am, wrote:
    >  kelly <> wrote:
    > >Dear all

    > >My computer has very abnormal situation these days. The free space
    > >used to be 22.4G is disappearing at 0.1M/Second when connecting with
    > >internet, which means it will be full in hours. Symantec said there
    > >were virus but it can not clear them. It reported as
    > >Downloader.Trojan. I also downloaded other anti-virus software, but
    > >not work.

    > >I scanned the disk at safe mode by symantec, but it did not find any.

    > >Currently, the clear disk tool can not clear as before. at the first
    > >time i found this virus, clear disk can clear all and the free space
    > >can return to 22.4G. But now, it can only clear 7G.

    > >Does anyone encounter this before? i have no idea what kind of virus
    > >it can be.
    > >The OS is Windows XP Professional Ver 2002 Service Pack2.
    > >i notice that the size of C:\Windows is very huge(24G) but the files
    > >inside added up to 7G.

    > A log file can cause this, but you need to find the file to know what
    > to do.
    >
    > Download Treesizehttp://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml
    >
    > It allows multiple instances, meaning you run treesize on your HD, set
    > it aside, wait a bit and run another treesize on the drive.
    >
    > Now between the two you will be able to find what directory/file has
    > increased.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Scientists strap camera to elephant's trunk and send it out in the jungle.http://tinyurl.com/25e8e4- Hide quoted text -

    Yes, thanks. I download and run it.
    It shows that there is a CSC folder under C:\Windows. the CSC size
    reach to 18G, and it has 8 subfolders named as d1,d2,d3......d8. Do
    you know what is folder mean? How to clear it?

    Big thanks
    kelly, Mar 25, 2008
  6. kelly

    Guest

    kelly <> wrote:

    >Yes, thanks. I download and run it.
    >It shows that there is a CSC folder under C:\Windows. the CSC size
    >reach to 18G, and it has 8 subfolders named as d1,d2,d3......d8. Do
    >you know what is folder mean? How to clear it?

    Try this

    "To disable this feature, you should be able to open My Computer,
    click on Tools > Folder Options" > Offline Files.

    Disable offline files - unselect the option

    Stole some of that from
    http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2003/08/27/54712.aspx

    You might have problems deleting the files, I don't know if you do
    Google: C:\WINDOWS\CSC directory