    I will become MCSD.NET in the next few months. My favorite language is C#,
    but i want to refresh/extend my knowledge of C++(.NET). Is there any
    certification from MS? Many thanks in advance.

    Bert Sachs, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Bert Sachs

    UAError Guest

    "Bert Sachs" <> wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I will become MCSD.NET in the next few months. My favorite language is C#,
    >but i want to refresh/extend my knowledge of C++(.NET). Is there any
    >certification from MS? Many thanks in advance.

    No. No C++ specific certification. The MCAD/MCSD.NET
    certifications are basically all about .NET and its
    framework - not any specific language. It stands to reason
    that all certifications would be in .NET's premier language
    C# - which then were duplicated for VB.NET to avoid
    alienating the existing VB user base. MS probably figured
    that the C++ contingent would simply go the C# route (to
    learn the framework) and then transition themselves to C++
    ..NET.

    Books which might be helpful:

    Managed C++ and .NET Development:
    Visual Studio .NET 2003 Edition
    by Stephen R.G. Fraser
    ISBN: 1590590333

    Programming with Managed Extensions for
    Microsoft Visual C++ .NET
    by Richard Grimes
    ISBN: 0735617821
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6191.asp

    As you are also looking at this as a "refresher" you should
    be warned that MS has taken in the past its own view of how
    to use C++ which can diverge from the norms accepted in the
    remainder of the C++ community.

    For some more information you may want to poke around
    Herb Sutter's site:

    http://www.gotw.ca/gotw/
    http://www.gotw.ca/microsoft/

    UAError, Apr 13, 2004

  3. >MS probably figured
    >that the C++ contingent would simply go the C# route (to
    >learn the framework) and then transition themselves to C++
    >.NET.

    I doubt it. Microsoft simply want everyone to use microsoft based
    technologies (and tools). They can't control the evolution of C++,
    every time they add their own extensions to it ms get slated, and so
    on.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Bert Sachs

    Lord2702 Guest

    Absolutely, I agry with you, I moved from C++ to C# and again back to C++
    after, MCAD. haaa haaaaa haaaaa.

    Lord2702, Apr 15, 2004