    Not sure what rev of firmware I have, if it matters.

    tx

    pc
    pc, May 14, 2006

  2. pc

    ASAAR Guest

    On 13 May 2006 23:25:54 -0700, pc wrote:

    > I've been trying to determine the max memory size supported by my oly
    > c-5050.
    >
    > The manual doesn't specify. I can always buy and and try it, but I'd
    > rather not subject the retailer to a return.
    >
    > Does it do 1 or 2 GB cards?

    I don't know what kind of cards it uses, but from your question
    I'll assume at least CF, since the C-5060 uses both CF and xD cards.
    I also don't know if max. CF sizes are listed on Olympus's website,
    but a year ago when they introduced their 1GB xD cards, they added a
    table showing which Olympus cameras were (and weren't) compatible
    with their 1 GB xD cards. You might also get card size information
    by calling the appropriate toll-free tech. support number:

    USA: 1-888-553-4448 www.olympusamerica.com/support
    Europe: 00800 - 67 10 83 00 www.olympus-europa.com
    ASAAR, May 14, 2006

  3. pc

    nellybly Guest

    In article <>, pc
    <> wrote:

    > I've been trying to determine the max memory size supported by my oly
    > c-5050.

    Here is the flash memory compatibility chart on the Oly website:
    <http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/compati/di000374e.c
    fm>
    Smartmedia up to 128mb, xD up to 512mb, and Compact Flash up to 1GB. I
    use a 1GB Compact flash card with mine.
    hth,
    NB
    nellybly, May 14, 2006
  4. pc

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "nellybly" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, pc
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I've been trying to determine the max memory size supported by my oly
    >> c-5050.
    >>

    > Here is the flash memory compatibility chart on the Oly website:
    > <http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/compati/di000374e.c
    > fm>
    > Smartmedia up to 128mb, xD up to 512mb, and Compact Flash up to 1GB. I
    > use a 1GB Compact flash card with mine.
    > hth,
    > NB

    The link got chopped up by the line length, try this one.

    http://tinyurl.com/4ea7h
    Rudy Benner, May 14, 2006
  5. pc

    pc Guest

    Thanks to 'yall. I looked for and didn't find this chart at Olympus.
    pc, May 14, 2006
  6. pc

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "pc" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks to 'yall. I looked for and didn't find this chart at Olympus.

    Did you try the link I supplied earlier? Here it is again.

    http://tinyurl.com/4ea7h

    I just tried it again just now and it works just fine.
    Rudy Benner, May 14, 2006
  7. pc

    pc Guest

    Yes, I guess I wasn't very clear -- sorry.

    The link works great. When I was previously at the Olympus site I
    looked for such a table and couldn't find it.

    Off to Fry's and Costco to buy memory!

    pc
    pc, May 14, 2006
  8. pc

    Doug Robbins Guest

    I'vw got an OLY 5050 and it uses 1 GB compact flash with no problem. Largest
    xD card I've tried is 512 MB.

    Doug

    Doug Robbins, May 14, 2006