C 3500 XL - Recovering from Corrupted Software

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by JLFT, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. JLFT

    JLFT Guest

    I'm recovering a CISCO Catalyst 3524 XL and this is what I do...

    At boot loader system report ...

    The system is unable to boot automatically because there
    are no bootable files to boot.

    .... I initialize the Flash file system ...

    switch: flash_init
    Initializing Flash...
    ...The flash is already initialized.
    switch:

    .... I load any helper files ...

    switch: load_helper
    switch:

    .... and them I try to copy ...

    switch: copy xmodem: flash:c3500XL-c3h2-mz-112.8-SA6.bin
    Begin the Xmodem or Xmodem-1K transfer now...
    CCCCCCCCCCBB0BB0xmodem:: I/O error
    switch:

    Any idea about 'I/O error' ?

    Other way to recover a Catalyst ?

    Thanks,

    JLFT.-

    JLFT, Feb 6, 2004

  2. I found that useing TeraTerm didnt work, but useing HyperTerm (embedded win)
    do work.

    This is what CCO Says:
    (mind the URL Wrapping)
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...n_guide_chapter09186a00800d9d3f.html#xtocid17

    Step 1 Connect a PC with terminal-emulation software supporting the XMODEM
    Protocol to the switch console port.

    Step 2 Set the line speed on the emulation software to 9600 baud.

    Step 3 Unplug the switch power cord.

    Step 4 Reconnect the power cord to the switch.

    The software image does not load. The switch starts in boot loader mode,
    which is indicated by the switch: prompt.

    Step 5 Use the boot loader to enter commands, and start the transfer.

    switch: copy xmodem: flash:image_filename.bin

    Step 6 When the XMODEM request appears, use the appropriate command on the
    terminal-emulation software to start the transfer and to copy the software
    image to Flash memory.

    Martin Bilgrav, Feb 6, 2004