    upgrading to XP again?

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Luke O'Malley

    Shayla Guest

    YES

    Shayla, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Luke O'Malley

    Guest

    Luke O'Malley wrote in message
    <1c7Bc.29226$>...
    >I tried but recieved a msg saying it was not a 32 bit etc. It is
    >strange because when I installed XP, Word 2000 was on the computer
    >and worked flawlessly. I upgraded . . . . aaaargh! . . Word XP and
    >lost some links to other non-MS programs.
    >
    >Any suggestions beyond reinstalling 98 and Word 2000 & then
    >upgrading to XP again?
    >
    >Goodwill,
    >Luke

    , Jun 20, 2004
  4. Luke O'Malley

    Boomer Guest

    Luke O'Malley <> wrote:

    > I tried but recieved a msg saying it was not a 32 bit etc.

    Etc.?

    What is the exact error message?

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Boomer, Jun 20, 2004
  5. Howdy!

    > I tried but recieved a msg saying it was not a 32 bit etc. It is
    > strange because when I installed XP, Word 2000 was on the computer
    > and worked flawlessly. I upgraded . . . . aaaargh! . . Word XP and
    > lost some links to other non-MS programs.

    It'd be nice to know exactly what the error message is.

    BTW - Yes, Win2000 installs fine on XP UNLESS the XP system is
    screwed up. Got Office 2000 running on both of my daughter's machines,
    running XP Pro.

    > Any suggestions beyond reinstalling 98 and Word 2000 & then
    > upgrading to XP again?

    Take your machine to a competent PC shop to get it fixed?

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jun 20, 2004
  6. Luke O'Malley

    Ron Martell Guest

    Luke O'Malley <> wrote:

    >I tried but recieved a msg saying it was not a 32 bit etc. It is
    >strange because when I installed XP, Word 2000 was on the computer
    >and worked flawlessly. I upgraded . . . . aaaargh! . . Word XP and
    >lost some links to other non-MS programs.
    >
    >Any suggestions beyond reinstalling 98 and Word 2000 & then
    >upgrading to XP again?
    >
    >Goodwill,
    >Luke

    Office 2000 works just fine on Windows XP.

    You may have to reinstall your Office 2000. Hopefully you still have
    the original CDs for it.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --