    Function: noun
    : mental depression or apathy caused by comparison of the actual state
    of the world with an ideal state
    Steve.IA, Oct 9, 2009

  2. Steve.IA

    Guest

    "Steve.IA" <> wrote:

    >After lighting the 1st fire of the season in the Heat & Glo North Star, I
    >find that the Snap Disc that controls the variable speed for the fan motor
    >doesn't work. The fan works with the alternate off/on switch.
    >Can I jumper around the snap disc without endangering the fan?
    >I understand the dangers of electricity and will power off the entire
    >circuit before jumpering. Thanks for you help and concern.

    SInce this is to control a fire, I'm not going to suggest what you can
    do with it. but below is the spec for one that I found - it's set to
    operate between 90 to 110° Fahrenheit, as well as a auto reset fuse.

    http://www.drillspot.com/products/49237/White_Rodgers_3F01-111_Snap_Disc_Fan_Control_Switch
    or http://tinyurl.com/ykspy4y
    --

    Those country boys...
    http://imgur.com/eLFPa

    Must be photoshop'd, no bullet holes.
    , Oct 9, 2009

  3. Steve.IA

    Tony Guest

    Is that you Steve?

    "Steve.IA" wrote:

    > After lighting the 1st fire of the season in the Heat & Glo North Star, I
    > find that the Snap Disc that controls the variable speed for the fan motor
    > doesn't work. The fan works with the alternate off/on switch.
    > Can I jumper around the snap disc without endangering the fan?
    > I understand the dangers of electricity and will power off the entire
    > circuit before jumpering. Thanks for you help and concern.
    >
    > --
    > Steve
    > southiowa
    >
    > weltschmerz
    > Pronunciation: 'velt-"shmerts
    > Function: noun
    > : mental depression or apathy caused by comparison of the actual state
    > of the world with an ideal state

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Oct 9, 2009
  4. Steve.IA

    Steve.IA Guest

    wrote:
    > "Steve.IA" <> wrote:
    >
    >> After lighting the 1st fire of the season in the Heat & Glo North Star, I
    >> find that the Snap Disc that controls the variable speed for the fan motor
    >> doesn't work. The fan works with the alternate off/on switch.
    >> Can I jumper around the snap disc without endangering the fan?
    >> I understand the dangers of electricity and will power off the entire
    >> circuit before jumpering. Thanks for you help and concern.

    > SInce this is to control a fire, I'm not going to suggest what you can
    > do with it. but below is the spec for one that I found - it's set to
    > operate between 90 to 110° Fahrenheit, as well as a auto reset fuse.
    >
    > http://www.drillspot.com/products/49237/White_Rodgers_3F01-111_Snap_Disc_Fan_Control_Switch
    > or http://tinyurl.com/ykspy4y

    Thank you for your reply.

    I realize now that I'd posted to the wrong group. Sorry.

    Steve
    Steve.IA, Oct 9, 2009