    connection, instead of just the internet. It uses a Navaho system, but I
    think its just a proxy internet server.

    Any Help much appreciated

    Harry, Sep 6, 2006

  2. Harry

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:40:39 +0100, Harry wrote:

    >I need to bypass a proxy server for legitimate reasons:

    You ask your IT support department that provides the VPN service.

    >When you log onto the network (wirelessly) you get a network connection but

    I don't , which network?

    >the internet is a proxy where you have to type in a username and password
    >(which is no problem as I am an authorised user) it then provides you with
    >internet access, in the browers (IE or FF) How do I tell my XP computer to

    You don't tell XP anything, you configure the proxy settings for the
    applications you are using.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 6, 2006

  3. Harry

    Harry Guest

    OK, but how to I tell Microsoft VPN software built into XP!!!!! Does it get
    its setting from IE?

    Harry, Sep 6, 2006
  4. Harry

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:43:52 +0100, Harry wrote:

    >OK, but how to I tell Microsoft VPN software built into XP!!!!! Does it get
    >its setting from IE?

    You ask your IT support department that provides the VPN service, how to
    configue the "properties" of the MS VPN network connection / browser to
    the settings they give you to allow you to do what you want.

    BTW there isn't anything about proxy settings in the "properties" of the
    MS VPN connection IIRC, although it's been a while since last looking at
    it.

    Who knows, they may setup a bypass rule for you on a firewall / proxy.
    So you don't wan't to change your settings, unless your IT support fols
    tell you to.

    >> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:40:39 +0100, Harry wrote:
    >>
    >>>I need to bypass a proxy server for legitimate reasons:

    >> You ask your IT support department that provides the VPN service.
    >>
    >>>When you log onto the network (wirelessly) you get a network connection
    >>>but

    >> I don't , which network?

    <big snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 6, 2006
  5. Harry

    Harry Guest

    Thanks very much, they should set it up for me.

    Harry, Sep 6, 2006