bye bye euro

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by StevieO, Nov 17, 2010.

  1. StevieO

    StevieO Guest

    ..net...
    As we watch the euro marching relentlessly towards disintegration, it is
    tempting to cheer. Some of us said it was a silly system, defied the
    economic facts of life and was all too obviously driven by political
    priorities.

    But, sadly, there will be a price for all to pay in this disintegration -
    when it occurs and even if it remains just a distant certainty. Confusion
    about a nation's currency is liable to make international trade difficult.

    The eurozone's creators have always seen it as an essential step towards a
    federal Europe, with the euro seen as the glue. Now, it is coming badly
    unstuck amid a series of curious rows with the system.

    We are facing a breakdown of the euro system that may take months to come to
    a climax - or a very short time if the markets lose all patience and force
    it.

    Germany's Angela Merkel among others spells out her fear: if the euro fails,
    the survival of the EU is at stake. We must hope so. The EU is one of the
    great failures of our age. Almost everything it lists as an achievement is
    something that nations can perfectly well achieve on their own - in trade,
    border regulations, freedom of movement or social legislation.

    Countries have been reaching such agreements for many years without having
    to sacrifice their sovereignty - or, indeed, having to accept whole packages
    of measures, many of which are counter to the interests of various member
    states.

    Read more:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/c...-fails-EU-stake--hopefully.html#ixzz15UDvo2BM

    The financial conjoining of European countries was always doomed to
    failure - and IMO, fail it will... The sooner the better.

    StevieO, Nov 17, 2010

  2. StevieO

    RickMerrill Guest

    StevieO wrote:

    > .net...
    > As we watch the euro marching relentlessly towards disintegration, it is
    > tempting to cheer. Some of us said it was a silly system, defied the
    > economic facts of life and was all too obviously driven by political
    > priorities.
    >
    > But, sadly, there will be a price for all to pay in this disintegration -
    > when it occurs and even if it remains just a distant certainty. Confusion
    > about a nation's currency is liable to make international trade difficult.
    >
    > The eurozone's creators have always seen it as an essential step towards a
    > federal Europe, with the euro seen as the glue. Now, it is coming badly
    > unstuck amid a series of curious rows with the system.
    >
    > We are facing a breakdown of the euro system that may take months to come to
    > a climax - or a very short time if the markets lose all patience and force
    > it.
    >
    > Germany's Angela Merkel among others spells out her fear: if the euro fails,
    > the survival of the EU is at stake. We must hope so. The EU is one of the
    > great failures of our age. Almost everything it lists as an achievement is
    > something that nations can perfectly well achieve on their own - in trade,
    > border regulations, freedom of movement or social legislation.
    >
    > Countries have been reaching such agreements for many years without having
    > to sacrifice their sovereignty - or, indeed, having to accept whole packages
    > of measures, many of which are counter to the interests of various member
    > states.

    The euro has become a vital 'reserve currency' that means businesses do not have to
    stock up on all the various monies that used to be there when you crossed a boundary.
    So the euro has helped streamline businesses and from that there is no going 'back'.

    The european 'union' was always a bit iffy, but they must find a way to salvage the
    situation or the whole world will be in more trouble than it already is.

    RickMerrill, Nov 20, 2010