BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 7, Nov 19, 2008.

  1. 7

    7 Guest

    7, Nov 19, 2008

  2. 7

    Tony Guest

    Well i'll be arsed if i know why anyone would use vista. I see reading the comments on
    the web page a few wankers did reply one by the name of Mike *dimwitted* or *dimbulb*
    Dimmick. This silly **** purports that vista actually boots and shuts down faster than
    windows XP. I guess he sits on the crapper when it boots and shits (grammatical error
    shuts) down.
    He's his statement:
    Should hold IT over the coals
    Vista bootup times should be *shorter* than XP, and in my experience are. A 20-minute
    bootup time is a configuration error, not an inherent Vista problem.

    IT organisations should repave any system that arrives with Vista preinstalled. The
    OEMs are screwing it up, badly.
    posted by : Mike Dimmick, 19 November 2008

    Note the word "shorter" on the web page has asterisks around it. Could Mike Dimmick be
    Chuckcar?

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know proper manners

    Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions beyond the realm
    of understandability

    Tony, Nov 19, 2008

  3. 7

    John Holmes Guest

    Tony "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/19/firms-charge-em
    >> ployees-vista
    >>
    >> BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
    >>
    >> PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!
    >>
    >> Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!
    >>
    >> So are these companies going to follow general advise
    >> and start installing Linux to increase
    >> productivity and will staff demand more Linux
    >> to regain some of their pay and productivity back?
    >>
    >> http://www.livecdlist.com
    >> http://www.distrowatch.com

    > Well i'll be arsed if i know why anyone would use vista. I see reading
    > the comments on the web page a few wankers did reply one by the name
    > of Mike *dimwitted* or *dimbulb* Dimmick. This silly **** purports
    > that vista actually boots and shuts down faster than windows XP. I
    > guess he sits on the crapper when it boots and shits (grammatical
    > error shuts) down.
    > He's his statement:
    > Should hold IT over the coals
    > Vista bootup times should be *shorter* than XP, and in my experience
    > are. A 20-minute bootup time is a configuration error, not an inherent
    > Vista problem.
    >
    > IT organisations should repave any system that arrives with Vista
    > preinstalled. The OEMs are screwing it up, badly.
    > posted by : Mike Dimmick, 19 November 2008
    >
    > Note the word "shorter" on the web page has asterisks around it. Could
    > Mike Dimmick be Chuckcar?

    I have a Toshiba laptop dual booting XP and Vista. XP boots into the
    desktop in exactly 16 seconds, where Vista takes more then 2 minutes.
    Vista is a joke.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Nov 19, 2008
  4. 7

    Clogwog Guest

    "7" <> schreef in bericht

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/19/firms-charge-employees-vista
    >

    > BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

    http://www.asrock.com/feature/instantboot/index.asp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BucIjXZVxXo
    "7" might be forced to make cd coasters from his live CD's
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/_uKGjGPQUWZI/R7uKiY1HDkI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/sM6HCB9ThoU/New Haircut 009.jpg
    ROFL MAO! LOL ! ROFL MAO! LOL ! ROFL MAO! LOL ! ROFL MAO! LOL !

    Clogwog, Nov 19, 2008
  5. 7

    Guest

    7 <> wrote:

    >http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/19/firms-charge-employees-vista
    >

    >BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
    >

    >PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!
    >
    >Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!

    It's funny, but I did try to find another source for story, I didn't;
    but I found this gem :)

    "How, after 8 years of research, with processor and RAM exponentially
    more powerful, does a software company manage to actually slow down an
    operating system?" http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=43700

    --

    Fish'n
    http://funniez.net/Latest/bloody-red-sea.html

    , Nov 19, 2008
  6. 7

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:03:28 +0000, 7 <>
    wrote:

    >http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/19/firms-charge-employees-vista
    >

    >BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
    >

    >PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!
    >
    >Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!
    >
    >So are these companies going to follow general advise
    >and start installing Linux to increase
    >productivity and will staff demand more Linux
    >to regain some of their pay and productivity back?
    >
    >http://www.livecdlist.com
    >http://www.distrowatch.com

    20 minutes to boot up? You need to defrag and clean the registry.
    Both my laptop and tower take less than 5 minutes to fully bootup.

    If my employer told me I won't be paid unless the OS was fully
    operational, then I'd tell him he can find another body to sit at my
    desk and wait on his damn slow system.

    Then take his ass to court for breach of contract. I was hired to be
    paid starting at a specific time, ending at a specific time.

    richard, Nov 19, 2008
  7. 7

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:39:11 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >20 minutes to boot up? You need to defrag and clean the registry.
    >Both my laptop and tower take less than 5 minutes to fully bootup.

    Good for you. I put my systems into standby or hibernation. Takes less
    than a minute to come back up.

    >If my employer told me I won't be paid unless the OS was fully
    >operational, then I'd tell him he can find another body to sit at my
    >desk and wait on his damn slow system.

    LOL.. Your boss would be better off.

    >Then take his ass to court for breach of contract. I was hired to be
    >paid starting at a specific time, ending at a specific time.

    So.. You were hired to be paid starting at a specific time right? So
    what happens if you're late? Can he take your ass to court?

    In all honesty, your boss is paying you to WORK.

    If you think about it, most companies are pretty generous. They're
    paying you to WORK.

    But how many people come in, go make some coffee, talk by the water
    cooler, go to the restroom, etc - all on the company dime?

    Think about it.

    Evan Platt, Nov 19, 2008

    Roy Schestowitz, Nov 19, 2008
  9. 7

    Guest

    Roy Schestowitz <> wrote:

    >____/ on Wednesday 19 November 2008 21:26 : \____

    >> 7 <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/19/firms-charge-employees-vista
    >>>

    >>>BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
    >>>

    >>>PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!
    >>>
    >>>Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!

    >> It's funny, but I did try to find another source for story, I didn't;
    >> but I found this gem :)
    >>
    >> "How, after 8 years of research, with processor and RAM exponentially
    >> more powerful, does a software company manage to actually slow down an
    >> operating system?" http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=43700

    >Unpaid time while Vista boots results in lawsuits
    >
    >http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/11/19/vista.boot.times.lawsuit/
    >

    >Does Your Boss Have to Pay You While You Wait for Vista to Boot Up?
    >
    >http://macnn.com/rd/116001==http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2008/11/does-your-boss-have.html

    I didn't look that hard :} it was from the theinquirer.net and I
    thought a humor piece.

    I still use XP (Game player) and will use that OS as long as possible.

    While owning vista has never crossed my mind (DRM and it's support of
    DRM); This is the first time I'd heard that vista took so long to
    load.

    --

    Cheerleaders... Practicing
    http://i34.tinypic.com/dr8crb.jpg

    , Nov 20, 2008
  10. 7

    Conor Guest

    John Holmes wrote:

    > I have a Toshiba laptop dual booting XP and Vista. XP boots into the
    > desktop in exactly 16 seconds, where Vista takes more then 2 minutes.
    > Vista is a joke.

    Who the **** shuts down a computer? Haven't you heard of power
    management? I've shut my laptop down for months. I just stick it on
    Standby. Over 12 hours, it'll use maybe 10% of the battery.

    --
    Conor

    "Some of you may be anxious about finding a new job, or a new place to
    live. I know how you feel." President Bush, 2008

    Conor, Nov 20, 2008
  11. 7

    John Holmes Guest

    Conor "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Toshiba laptop dual booting XP and Vista. XP boots into the
    >> desktop in exactly 16 seconds, where Vista takes more then 2 minutes.
    >> Vista is a joke.
    >>

    > Who the **** shuts down a computer? Haven't you heard of power
    > management? I've shut my laptop down for months. I just stick it on
    > Standby. Over 12 hours, it'll use maybe 10% of the battery.

    I rarely use that laptop, other then for storing images of the rest of my
    computers.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Nov 20, 2008
  12. 7

    Cork Soaker Guest

    7 wrote:
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/19/firms-charge-employees-vista
    >

    > BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
    >

    > PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!
    >
    > Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!

    They did this where I used to work years ago, back then it was Windows XP.

    Cork Soaker, Nov 21, 2008
  13. 7

    Cork Soaker Guest

    Conor wrote:
    > John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Toshiba laptop dual booting XP and Vista. XP boots into the
    >> desktop in exactly 16 seconds, where Vista takes more then 2 minutes.
    >> Vista is a joke.
    >>

    > Who the **** shuts down a computer? Haven't you heard of power
    > management? I've shut my laptop down for months. I just stick it on
    > Standby. Over 12 hours, it'll use maybe 10% of the battery.

    Christ, you're stupid!

    Cork Soaker, Nov 21, 2008
  14. 7

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:07:12 +0000, Duncan Corps
    <> wrote:

    >If that's an essential procedure for a Windows Vista system to work
    >properly, why doesn't it do it itself? Is it because Microsoft tried
    >(and failed) to sell OneCare?

    Why doesn't my car get an oil change, air filter, oil filter, and tune
    up all by itself?

    Evan Platt, Nov 22, 2008
  15. Evan Platt <> parented this using

    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:07:12 +0000, Duncan Corps
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>If that's an essential procedure for a Windows Vista system to work
    >>properly, why doesn't it do it itself? Is it because Microsoft tried
    >>(and failed) to sell OneCare?

    > Why doesn't my car get an oil change, air filter, oil filter, and tune
    > up all by itself?

    Because illegal Mexicans need the work.

    --

    I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , & I got milk. (|^;

    http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/bruce-lee-ping-pong

    Repent, the end is near! So... smoke'em if you got'em.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 22, 2008
  16. 7

    Cork Soaker Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:07:12 +0000, Duncan Corps
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> If that's an essential procedure for a Windows Vista system to work
    >> properly, why doesn't it do it itself? Is it because Microsoft tried
    >> (and failed) to sell OneCare?

    > Why doesn't my car get an oil change, air filter, oil filter, and tune
    > up all by itself?

    Because it can't be fitted with the equipment required. Windows can, fool.

    Cork Soaker, Nov 22, 2008
  17. 7

    DCA Guest

    7 wrote:
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/19/firms-charge-employees-vista
    >

    > BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
    >

    > PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!
    >
    > Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!
    >
    > So are these companies going to follow general advise
    > and start installing Linux to increase
    > productivity and will staff demand more Linux
    > to regain some of their pay and productivity back?
    >
    > http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com

    You posting complete bollox AGAIN - fool

    DCA, Nov 22, 2008
  18. 7

    johannes Guest

    7 wrote:

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/19/firms-charge-employees-vista
    >
    > BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

    But you're obviously not working while to computer is booting up. Neither are you
    working when the OS is ready. All you do is clicking somewhere with the mouse and
    letting the computer do the work for you. IMO, you are not working at all when
    sitting in front of a computer. The time spent for actual work is zero, hence your
    salary should be deducted from your salary before paying your salary.

    johannes, Nov 23, 2008
  19. 7

    Cork Soaker Guest

    johannes wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/19/firms-charge-employees-vista
    >>
    >> BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

    > But you're obviously not working while to computer is booting up. Neither are you
    > working when the OS is ready. All you do is clicking somewhere with the mouse and
    > letting the computer do the work for you. IMO, you are not working at all when
    > sitting in front of a computer. The time spent for actual work is zero, hence your
    > salary should be deducted from your salary before paying your salary.

    You're working when you make coffee.

    Cork Soaker, Nov 23, 2008
  20. On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 16:04:26 +0000, Cork Soaker aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:07:12 +0000, Duncan Corps
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> If that's an essential procedure for a Windows Vista system to work
    >>> properly, why doesn't it do it itself? Is it because Microsoft tried
    >>> (and failed) to sell OneCare?

    >> Why doesn't my car get an oil change, air filter, oil filter, and tune
    >> up all by itself?

    > Because it can't be fitted with the equipment required.

    Sure it could. But the weight penalty of carrying the extra oil wouldnt be
    worth it. Not to mention the problem of designing an oil filter which
    would rotate turret like into position holding a fresh cannister.

    >Windows can fool.

    Yes, windows can fool lots of people into using their OS.

    :)

    http://www.mykeru.com

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 23, 2008