Buying zone1 DVD here

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by TmcT, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. TmcT

    TmcT Guest

    TmcT, Oct 9, 2003

  2. TmcT

    EAgle Guest

    EAgle, Oct 9, 2003

  3. TmcT

    Chris Guest

    TmcT wrote:

    > Anyone know where I can buy zone1 DVD here?
    > Other than this website:
    > http://www.1website.co.nz/dvd/main/index.htm
    >
    > Amazon with NZ cover?

    I've ordered loads from Amazon. Watch the exchange rate, and the delivery
    charges will kill you if you only order one disc, but if you order 5 or 6
    at a time it's not so bad.

    Chris.
    Chris, Oct 9, 2003
  4. TmcT

    XPD Guest

    XPD, Oct 9, 2003
  5. TmcT

    SNOman Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > TmcT wrote:
    >

    >>Anyone know where I can buy zone1 DVD here?
    >>Other than this website:
    >>http://www.1website.co.nz/dvd/main/index.htm
    >>
    >>Amazon with NZ cover?

    > I've ordered loads from Amazon. Watch the exchange rate, and the delivery
    > charges will kill you if you only order one disc, but if you order 5 or 6
    > at a time it's not so bad.
    >
    > Chris.

    Best place for ordering DVD's is A&B sound in Canada. Our exchange rate
    seems to be better against the CA$

    http://www.absound.ca
    SNOman, Oct 9, 2003
  6. TmcT

    rodeo Guest

    This is why I wanted the newsgroup for dvd, stereo etc... discussion named
    nz.audio-visual but some know it all busy bodies came along and got the
    newsgroup named nz.tech which is clearly not attracting the posts that it
    was originally intended for as I predicted. nz.tech is not a name that makes
    it obvious what this newsgroup is intended for, unfortunately some know it
    all's with a great lacking in common sense highjacked the intention of the
    people who originally proposed this newsgroup, if they wanted a nz.tech then
    they should have come up with that separately by themselves instead of
    trying to spoil someone else's initiative. As you might notice I am pissed
    off with this as this is exactly what I thought would happen, these idiots
    don't realise that not everyone who is a potential user of this newsgroup
    is privy to the original discussion and aim of this newsgroup. As a result
    this newsgroup has largely died but if you want to help it's survival post
    your dvd questions there. By the way one of the reasons for starting this
    group was because there was no other newsgroup targeted at the nz
    audio-visual scene and nz.comp was sort of being used as the default group
    because of this.

    rodeo, Oct 10, 2003
  7. TmcT

    rodeo Guest

    Just thought it might be appropriate to cross post this to nz.tech.

    rodeo, Oct 10, 2003
  8. TmcT

    harry Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:16:14 +1300, rodeo wrote:

    > This is why I wanted the newsgroup for dvd, stereo etc... discussion
    > named nz.audio-visual but some know it all busy bodies came along and
    > got the newsgroup named nz.tech which is clearly not attracting the
    > posts that it was originally intended for as I predicted. nz.tech is not
    > a name that makes it obvious what this newsgroup is intended for,
    > unfortunately some know it all's with a great lacking in common sense
    > highjacked the intention of the people who originally proposed this
    > newsgroup, if they wanted a nz.tech then they should have come up with
    > that separately by themselves instead of trying to spoil someone else's
    > initiative. As you might notice I am pissed off with this as this is
    > exactly what I thought would happen, these idiots don't realise that
    > not everyone who is a potential user of this newsgroup is privy to the
    > original discussion and aim of this newsgroup. As a result this
    > newsgroup has largely died but if you want to help it's survival post
    > your dvd questions there. By the way one of the reasons for starting
    > this group was because there was no other newsgroup targeted at the nz
    > audio-visual scene and nz.comp was sort of being used as the default
    > group because of this.

    Its not going to be a an interesting newsgroup if its full on anal pissed
    off net nannies like you.

    It'll be as good as the content that gets posted.
    If you have some interesting "audio-visual" content then post it, shit or
    get off the pot.
    harry, Oct 10, 2003
  9. TmcT

    Paul Guest

    Paul, Oct 10, 2003
  10. TmcT

    thefly Guest

    Which is fine if you want to pay through the nose.

    thefly, Oct 10, 2003
  11. TmcT

    TmcT Guest

    Who¡¦re they selling to?

    TmcT, Oct 10, 2003
  12. TmcT

    Paul Guest

    Noone said anything bout money

    Just who sold them. Tmct wanted
    to know, so I told him!

    Paul, Oct 10, 2003
  13. TmcT

    thefly Guest

    Settle down, it wasn't a criticism, just an observation. He was asking where
    to buy here, my comment actually referred to paying through the nose by
    buying here in NZ which for whatever reason this person wants to do which is
    fine if you don't mind paying through the nose, that's all.

    thefly, Oct 10, 2003