    They Said They Don’t Know When It Will Be In Stores. When Will I Be Able To
    Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?

    Thank You

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=, May 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=

    NA Guest

    "Jonathan" <> wrote in message
    news:F476E133-04F9-4701-> Hello I Live In Australia.
    > I'm Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can't Get It In Shop's. I Called Microsoft
    > They Said They Don't Know When It Will Be In Stores. When Will I Be Able
    > Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?

    Microsoft Free upgrade to XP 64
    https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx

    NA, May 11, 2005

  3. "Jonathan" <> wrote in message
    > Hello I Live In Australia.
    > I'm Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can't Get It In Shop's. I Called Microsoft
    > They Said They Don't Know When It Will Be In Stores. When Will I Be Able
    > Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?
    >
    > Thank You

    Since x64 is an OEM product it will eventually arrive in the same channels
    as those you can use today to buy the OEM version of Windows - this is not
    your usual high street PC stores.
    We are just beginning to see this in the US channels and in the UK OEM
    distribution channels etc
    Have a look around the Internet at your local on-line stores that sell OEM
    Microsoft Products and contact them for their expected availability dates.
    As regards the price - the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is priced
    very closely to or even the same as the 32-bit Windows XP Professional, but
    do shop around for the best price from a supplier you trust.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 11, 2005
  4. Jonathan wrote:
    > Hello I Live In Australia.
    > I'm Want To Buy XP X64. But I Can't Get It In Shop's. I Called
    > Microsoft They Said They Don't Know When It Will Be In Stores. When
    > Will I Be Able To Buy XP X64 And How Much Will Cost?
    >
    > Thank You

    Should be soon as it is available in the USA right now. If prices are
    comprable, then you should look at prices from 180.00 - 206.00 iin AUD.

    Wayne Wastier, May 11, 2005
  5. Jonathan --
    While I don't know when you'll see it available there, it shouldn't be
    long. It is _just_ starting to be available in the channel in the US and here
    in Canada. Note that you will NOT be able to buy a retail version of XP
    Professional x64 Edition. It is only available via OEMs and System Builders.
    This means that a consumer electronics store will likely not have a version.
    But any of your local system builders will shortly, and they will be able to
    sell you a copy as long as you make a qualifying hardware purchase. (And
    qualifying hardware purchase can be quite creatively determined.)
    Beyond that, if you have an existing Windows XP Professional copy, you
    _may_ be eligible for the Technology Advancement Program. See
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/upgrade/default.mspx to see if you
    qualify, and if this meets your needs.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2005
  6. Thank You For The Help

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=, May 11, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=

    Steve Guest

    Hi, i live in Australia too and found this shop that has it now -->>
    http://www.pluscorp.com.au/

    Steve, May 14, 2005
  8. Steve Thank You Very Much

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=, May 14, 2005